Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer and Thumb Drive (USB Drive)

I had a hard time getting piCorePlayer to source music from a simple thumb drive. So I am writing this message to help others.

The simple secret is this: go to the piCorePlayer web interface, select the LMS tab. In the section “Pick from the following detected USB disks to mount,” click on Enabled and fill in “usb” in the Mount Point, thus /mnt/usb, and click on “Set USB Mount”.

When the user interface asks where to find the music, navigate to /mnt/usb.

In the past, I have set up the Raspberry Pi for Volumio and with Max2Play, and had no troubles. But I searched the web and this forum (many tries, honest!) and could not figure this out. I actually felt like I was guessing when I filled in usb in the dialog box.

Quote Originally Posted by joegorin View Post
    I had a hard time getting piCorePlayer to source music from a simple thumb drive. So I am writing this message to help others.

The simple secret is this: go to the piCorePlayer web interface, select the LMS tab. In the section “Pick from the following detected USB disks to mount,” click on Enabled and fill in “usb” in the Mount Point, thus /mnt/usb, and click on “Set USB Mount”.

When the user interface asks where to find the music, navigate to /mnt/usb.

In the past, I have set up the Raspberry Pi for Volumio and with Max2Play, and had no troubles. But I searched the web and this forum (many tries, honest!) and could not figure this out. I actually felt like I was guessing when I filled in usb in the dialog box.
    But it doesn't really matter what you name enter in that box (within reason).
    Mine is musicbox5.

Name:  musicbox5.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  musicbox5 2.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  32.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi