Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok, duh, I installed libjpeg-turbo and things improved dramatically! No crashing and I'm getting album art. I'll let it run over night. Now to get touch working. I think I'm going to have recompile SDL against tslib. Do I need to just recompile SDL or jivelite also?

Code:
    alps:/usr/lib# ldd /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4 
    	/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1 (0xb6f45000)
    	libc.musl-armhf.so.1 => /lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1 (0xb6f45000)
    This is the screen I'm working with. Seems like it will be pretty nice once I get it all together. I've had touch working using the tslib utilities and now seem to have jivelite working - next is to get them together!

It has a 3.5mm audio jack, which is audio split off the HDMI and run through a 4334 KSZ Cirrus Logic DAC. I've tested it with squeezelite and a pair of headphones just to see if it works and it does. Haven't really done any critical listening, I'm not under illusions, it's an ancient, inexpensive DAC chip. I'm not too fussy though so if it sounds decent to my ears I might just use it and not worry about using a DAC board.

Also pictured is the project box I'm going to try to use. Mounting the screen to the angled side should make it about right for comfortable operation and viewing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by sodface; 2020-01-16 at 21:08.

Touch is actually working so I'm not sure what the ldd check above means. Calibration is off in Jivelite even after running ts_calibrate. I guess that's the next issue to resolve.

There is no way to know what was causing the segfault without building a debug version of jivelite and running it in gdb. Even then if the crash is happening within the lua interpreter it becomes even harder to track down.

Calibration in jivelite won't work unless libSDL 1.2 was compiled with libts support. That should be the only library you need to recompile. I helped chill through this for the joggler.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There is no way to know what was causing the segfault without building a debug version of jivelite and running it in gdb. Even then if the crash is happening within the lua interpreter it becomes even harder to track down.

Calibration in jivelite won't work unless libSDL 1.2 was compiled with libts support. That should be the only library you need to recompile. I helped chill through this for the joggler.
    Thanks for the support Ralphy, recompiling sdl as we speak. I think the seg fault was just due to not having libjpeg-turbo installed.

//edit Ralphy, will jivelite pickup the tslib support from the newly compiled SDL or do I need to recompile jivelite also?
    Last edited by sodface; 2020-01-17 at 06:55.

Well the recompiled SDL seems to be working with tslib. Touch point accuracy is good but it's just constantly bringing up the context menu like I've done a long click instead of just a tap. Probably a knob that needs turning in /etc/ts.conf? I'll mess with it more tomorrow. I'm starting to second guess the screen a little, it seems a little dark.

Ok thanks to Ralphy, Jeff, Chill, et al, this is now working quite well, though the screen brightness (lack of) probably is what it is.

My currently working settings:

Code:
    alps:/home/sodface# cat /etc/ts.conf 
    # generated by libts
    module_raw input (null)
    module pthres pmin=1
    module dejitter delta=100
    module linear (null)
    module skip nhead=2
    Starting Jivelite with:

Code:
    export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
    export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
    export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
    export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
    export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts
    export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB
    export SDL_MOUSEDEV=$TSLIB_TSDEVICE 
    export JIVE_NOCURSOR=1
    /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    Alpine includes the file usercfg.txt at the end of config.txt, they want you to leave config.txt alone:

Code:
    alps:/home/sodface# cat /media/mmcblk0/usercfg.txt 
    gpu_mem=128
    dtparam=audio=on
    hdmi_cvt=800 480 60 6
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=87
    hdmi_drive=2

That's great!

Too bad about the brightness. Hopefullly, you find a way to improve it.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.