Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Very Odd Visual Behavior on Touch

I've had a Touch and a Radio for many, many years. I've use the Radio more frequently than the Touch. Yesterday, using the Touch, I noticed the the "Now Playing" menu item seemed to be missing from the home menu and nowhere to be found on any other menu. It is not missing on the Radio. I checked for 'hidden' menu items. I restored the home menu to default. Nothing.

Since it's a Touch, I have never used the remote with it. (I can't remember if the remote came with the Radio or the Touch, but I know it works on both.) On a whim, I tried the remote on the Touch and not only was "Now Playing" at the top of the home menu, the size of each menu item is almost double what it is when using the touch screen. I turned it off and power-cycled it and it's still the same.

Why would "Now Playing" appear when using the remote and not when turning on the Touch by touching? And why is the type size so much larger? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

And more importantly, how do I get "Now Playing" to appear again when only using the touch screen?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    I've had a Touch and a Radio for many, many years. I've use the Radio more frequently than the Touch. Yesterday, using the Touch, I noticed the the "Now Playing" menu item seemed to be missing from the home menu and nowhere to be found on any other menu. It is not missing on the Radio. I checked for 'hidden' menu items. I restored the home menu to default. Nothing.

Since it's a Touch, I have never used the remote with it. (I can't remember if the remote came with the Radio or the Touch, but I know it works on both.) On a whim, I tried the remote on the Touch and not only was "Now Playing" at the top of the home menu, the size of each menu item is almost double what it is when using the touch screen. I turned it off and power-cycled it and it's still the same.

Why would "Now Playing" appear when using the remote and not when turning on the Touch by touching? And why is the type size so much larger? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

And more importantly, how do I get "Now Playing" to appear again when only using the touch screen?

Thanks.
    As far as I know the "now playing" on the touch is the musical note symbol at the top right hand corner of the screen.
    The reason for the large text when using the remote is because you are assumed to be too far from the screen to easily read the text.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks.
    The Radio didn't come with a remote, it belongs to the Touch.

Size difference is intended, using a remote one would be further away from the screen than when using the touch screen, so larger text used.

You can change this behavior at Settings > Screen > Select skin.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b9 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post

Size difference is intended, using a remote one would be further away from the screen than when using the touch screen, so larger text used.

You can change this behavior at Settings > Screen > Select skin.
    If one purchased the radio battery pack, one got a remote

https://www.technoshack.co.uk/access...SAAEgK70_D_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    If one purchased the radio battery pack, one got a remote

https://www.technoshack.co.uk/access...SAAEgK70_D_BwE
    Yes, true, but that's the small remote that shipped as standard with the Boom.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b9 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    As far as I know the "now playing" on the touch is the musical note symbol at the top right hand corner of the screen.
    The reason for the large text when using the remote is because you are assumed to be too far from the screen to easily read the text.

You're too quick on the draw for me these days.

Thanks.
    There is no "Now Playing" item on the screen when using the Touch's screen to navigate, when something is selected and starts playing the screen should change to the "Now Playing" screen after a user definable delay (depends on the chosen screensaver settings, Settings > Screen > Screensavers). Or you can touch the music notes top right to go to the "Now Playing" screen directly as suggested by @slartibartfast.

When using the remote (large text skin) there is no music note symbol to select, so you will see a "Now Playing" menu item.

You're too quick on the draw for me these days.
    But you mentioned the "Select skin" feature. I have never even seen that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Thanks for the Now Playing 'solution.' That's what it does. I guess it never occurred to me to tap it.

And the 'large type' explanation makes perfect sense. Thanks again.

Good to know. I've been using it with the Radio because I use it as a clock-radio and it's easier to use the remote from my bed than having to sit up and push the physical buttons.