Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    +1

Its probably about time that we all revisited Michael's web site and followed the donate link at the bottom - http://www.herger.net/slim/index.html
    +1

Thanks!
    I like the pre-set editor, nice!
    (BTW, I needed to edit the Prevent Standby Plugin to keep my Mac mini awake (change caffeinate -i to -s in /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Plugin/PreventStandby/OSX.pm)
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Thanks!
    I like the pre-set editor, nice!
    (BTW, I needed to edit the Prevent Standby Plugin to keep my Mac mini awake (change caffeinate -i to -s in /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Plugin/PreventStandby/OSX.pm)
    What is a pre-set and why would you want to edit it? (Apologies for being so dim, but I really have no idea).
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    What is a pre-set and why would you want to edit it? (Apologies for being so dim, but I really have no idea).
    Presets are the physical buttons (1-6) on a Boom or Radio, you can assign a Favourite/Track/Album/ect. to one of these buttons. You can also do this on a Touch, but it's a bit convoluted.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-rc1 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Presets are the physical buttons (1-6) on a Boom or Radio, you can assign a Favourite/Track/Album/ect. to one of these buttons. You can also do this on a Touch, but it's a bit convoluted.
    Thanks very much.

Only ever having had a Touch this feature has not come to my notice. I'm really impressed that Michael and others are still improving LMS in so many ways.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    It only took me about two years to finalise the next minor release in the LMS 7.9 branch - 7.9.2. It's finally released.

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Log...Server_v7.9.2/

• Improved RandomPlay and Don't Stop the Music integration
    • Support for the OPUS codec

Installed 7.9.3 from nightlies yesterday and did not think that it meant 7.9.2 had gone stable.
    Two questions on the above.

1) Is it possible to exclude a genre from Don't Stop the Music? I have 5.1 music on my server and use ffmpeg to convert it to 2.0 for players not supporting DTS/AC3. The script always works when called directly but when going from 2.0 to 5.1 music... sometimes it just outputs static. Furthermore, I have all the corresponding albums in 2.0, so there's no real point in using 5.1 stuff, unless I specifically select it. All the 5.1 content has genre "5.1" if that could help (and it comes all from the same directory).

2) I have an album in opus, files are *.opus. Scanner is not picking them up. Is there something specific I need to do? I'll activate debug for the scanner and report back for this, but maybe I'm overlooking something.

Edit: I have activated debug for:

(scan) - All Scan Logging
    (scan.auto) - Automatic Media & Playlist Scanning
    (scan.import) - File & Playlist Metadata Import Logging
    (scan.scanner) - Media & Playlist Folder Scanning

But the log doesn't show anything...

Just lines like this:
    Line 542: [20-01-17 12:41:45.7243] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::Async::__ANON__ (148) Found

One for every file and one for the containing directory,.

Thanks for keeping the flame lit. It's immensely appreciated.
    Last edited by gorman; 2020-01-17 at 04:56.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    +1

Its probably about time that we all revisited Michael's web site and followed the donate link at the bottom - http://www.herger.net/slim/index.html
    Thanks for the link, I wasn't aware of that. Done!

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    2) I have an album in opus, files are *.opus. Scanner is not picking them up. Is there something specific I need to do? I'll activate debug for the scanner and report back for this, but maybe I'm overlooking something....
    It seems this has been asked before. See https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...s-files/page2&

Logitech Media Server 7.9.2released

> 1) Is it possible to exclude a genre from Don't Stop the Music? I have

Depends on which mixer you're using (DSTM itself does not create any
    mix, it's only infrastructure).

> 2) I have an album in opus, files are *.opus. Scanner is not picking
    > them up. Is there something specific I need to do? I'll activate debug
    > for the scanner and report back for this, but maybe I'm overlooking
    > something.

We don't have the binaries for all possible platforms. What hardware and
    OS are you using?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > 1) Is it possible to exclude a genre from Don't Stop the Music? I have

Depends on which mixer you're using (DSTM itself does not create any
    mix, it's only infrastructure).
    I'm using LastMix (Last.FM).
    Edit: even a manual hack of LastMix would be much appreciated. I suspect (hope, better) it could be an "easy" one, excluding a single genre, if one does not need to act on the user interface, etc.

We don't have the binaries for all possible platforms. What hardware and
    OS are you using?
    Sorry, should have said it from start. It's Windows 10 Pro, x64.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.3 - 1579195498 @ Thu Jan 16 21:08:22 WEST 2020
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.024
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

Edit: Trying to play the files from music folders, they play. But nothing appears in the playlist. Logs show these errors. Full log extract here: https://pastebin.com/7tCMJ1UU If I need to activate debug logs for specific components, let me know. Tags in the files are reported by Mp3tag as "Vorbis comment".

Code:
    [20-01-17 15:04:07.8452] Slim::Formats::loadTagFormatForType (116) Error: Couldn't load module:  (ops) : [syntax error at (eval 3122) line 2, at EOF
    ]

[20-01-17 15:04:07.9596] Slim::Formats::loadTagFormatForType (116) Error: Couldn't load module:  (ops) : [syntax error at (eval 3124) line 2, at EOF
    ]

[20-01-17 15:04:08.1094] Slim::Control::Request::notify (2060) Error: Failed notify: Can't call method "title" on an undefined value at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/TrackStat/Plugin.pm line 4268.
    [20-01-17 15:04:11.7390] Slim::Formats::loadTagFormatForType (116) Error: Couldn't load module:  (ops) : [syntax error at (eval 3125) line 2, at EOF
    ]
    [20-01-17 15:04:11.7395] Slim::Formats::loadTagFormatForType (116) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/Slim/Formats.pm line 116)
       frame 1: Slim::Formats::loadTagFormatForType (/Slim/Player/Protocols/File.pm line 411)
       frame 2: Slim::Player::Protocols::File::canSeek (/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 814)
       frame 3: Slim::Player::Song::canDoSeek (/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 784)
       frame 4: Slim::Player::Song::canSeek (/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 1155)
       frame 5: Slim::Music::Info::canSeek (/Slim/Control/Queries.pm line 3620)
       frame 6: Slim::Control::Queries::statusQuery (/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1883)
       frame 7: (eval) (/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1883)
       frame 8: Slim::Control::Request::execute (/Slim/Web/JSONRPC.pm line 450)
       frame 9: Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (/Slim/Web/JSONRPC.pm line 254)
       frame 10: (eval) (/Slim/Web/JSONRPC.pm line 254)
       frame 11: Slim::Web::JSONRPC::handleURI (/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 467)
       frame 12: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 122)
       frame 13: (eval) (/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 118)
       frame 14: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 167)
       frame 15: (eval) (/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 167)
       frame 16: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (slimserver.pl line 727)
       frame 17: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 89)
       frame 18: PerlSvc::Startup (/PerlSvc.pm line 95)
       frame 19: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
       frame 20: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

[20-01-17 15:04:50.3392] Slim::Formats::loadTagFormatForType (116) Error: Couldn't load module:  (ops) : [syntax error at (eval 3126) line 2, at EOF
    ]
    [20-01-17 15:04:59.0095] Slim::Control::Request::notify (2060) Error: Failed notify: Can't call method "title" on an undefined value at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/TrackStat/Plugin.pm line 4268.
    [20-01-17 15:05:02.0850] Slim::Formats::loadTagFormatForType (116) Error: Couldn't load module:  (ops) : [syntax error at (eval 3128) line 2, at EOF
    ]
    Last edited by gorman; 2020-01-17 at 07:15. Reason: Added log of playback