Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

[WIN] From 7.9.1 to 7.9.2-1578727069. Server not starting.

As per the title, I tried updating to the latest nightly (I was interested in Opus playback) but the server was not able to start. The process kept being in execution, with about 15% CPU usage (on a 4770K, so quite high). Waited ten minutes or so, nothing. Installed again, same result. Installed 7.9.1 over everything and it works perfectly as before.

Unfortunately, unless I've missed it, there's no way to download previous nightlies.

System is Windows 10 Pro 1903 x64, i7 4770K, 32GB RAM. Available to provide further details, in case it's needed.

Even if you don't know what the problem is/how to solve it. If you have an earlier nightly lying around on your PC and could make it available... maybe it would work and help isolate the problem. Thanks in advance, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    Even if you don't know what the problem is/how to solve it. If you have an earlier nightly lying around on your PC and could make it available... maybe it would work and help isolate the problem. Thanks in advance, just in case.
    I've got these, let me know which one want and I'll put up a link.

Name:  2020-01-13_105536.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  24.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I've got these, let me know which one want and I'll put up a link.

Name:  2020-01-13_105536.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  24.3 KB
    Hi! First of all thank you so much for the generous offer. If it's not too much of an hassle, I'd like to try them all. Considering they are spread across a relevant arc of time, there's maybe the chance to better pinpoint when the problem is introduced (I guess a problem must exist, considering 7.9.1 works perfectly). If you could zip them up and place them somewhere I would appreciate it.
    Thank you in advance!

Edit: if you are on a metered connection and need to choose... I'd go with the June one.

Hi! First of all thank you so much for the generous offer. If it's not too much of an hassle, I'd like to try them all. Considering they are spread across a relevant arc of time, there's maybe the chance to better pinpoint when the problem is introduced (I guess a problem must exist, considering 7.9.1 works perfectly). If you could zip them up and place them somewhere I would appreciate it.
    Thank you in advance!

Edit: if you are on a metered connection and need to choose... I'd go with the June one.
    Zip folder here https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kr6vkrbmd...32210.zip?dl=0

Let me know when you've got them and I'll remove folder.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Zip folder here https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kr6vkrbmd...32210.zip?dl=0

Let me know when you've got them and I'll remove folder.
    Got them, thank you so much!

Got them, thank you so much!
    Gone.

Started from the June build, nothing changes. Installation goes ok, it tries to restart the service. Waits and waits, at the end it stops "correctly" but the service is still "starting" under services.msc.
    CPU is at 15%, like the server is doing something. The log is not showing anything but I don't know what entries to put in debug mode to understand where it hangs and doing what.

Now I'm going to leave it working for a while, maybe it needs to do something, some re-indexing...

Ok, it was this: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post923803

I left the June build going for a while and, after a very long while, it finished and started correctly. I then disabled the TrackStat settings suggested by Erland in the above link and installed the latest nightly. Everything went smoothly and the service started in the usual amount of time.

kidstypike thanks again, the builds you provided prompted me to insist in finding a solution. Much appreciated.

Edit: after all this, performance with Custom Browse seems significantly impaired. Going back to 7.9.1. If devs want me to provide logs for 7.9.2 and how it interacts with my system, feel free to PM me or write here. Considering the i7 4770K and 32GB of RAM, I would expect everything to be speedy. But unfortunately that's not the case.
    Last edited by gorman; 2020-01-13 at 08:57.