Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Duet receiver keeps restarting

After coming back form a two week trip I was able to play music for 2 seconds then receiver appears to restart (Wifi button goes to red, blinks, eventually back to white). However, when I hit play again, I get music for 2-30 seconds, same cycle.

Is this a HW problem?

That is very likely a power adapter that's past it, third party replacements can usually be found on Amazon, Ebay and such. With a bit of care you kan often use a universal adapter also as long as you ensure to get one with the correct voltage, power output, connector size and polarity. Note that the Receiver has a different power adapter than the other models of that era.

I agree that it's a failing power supply.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

so, the original part number is: PSA05R-090 (9VDC 0.56 A)

Like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/OMNIHIL-Adapt...7999748&sr=8-3
    Not sure about the quality of this

or 993-000236 on logitech
    https://buy.logitech.com/store/
    However, I am not sure if this website is still active? Formatting seems a bit strange
    Last edited by metropole; 2020-01-02 at 14:37.

I just went to Radio Shack with my old power supply and said I needed a 9 volt power supply with a connector like the one on the OEM power supply. They have a power supply that you can set the voltage between several choices and it has swap-able connectors. The connector doesn't quite fit as tightly as the OEM connector, but it works. The power supply is rated at up to 1 Amp so that more than covers the power needs of the Duet Receiver.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Replaced power supply and all is well again.