Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    What info do you see when it reports 'network not ok' (as you state in the first post?
    At the Check Network, it replies: Ping mysqueezebox.com (34.244.198.169) not ok
    At the Repair network, it replies the same

    Meanwhile I'm listening to my music, selected via the web remote control, without any glitch or issue...

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by gorlando View Post
    At the Check Network, it replies: Ping mysqueezebox.com (34.244.198.169) not ok
    At the Repair network, it replies the same

    Meanwhile I'm listening to my music, selected via the web remote control, without any glitch or issue...
    What are the following network setting on the touch found in Diagnostics - Ethernet Info or Wireless Info

    IP Address :
    IP Subnet
    IP Gateway
    DNS Server

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    What are the following network setting on the touch found in Diagnostics - Ethernet Info or Wireless Info

    IP Address :
    IP Subnet
    IP Gateway
    DNS Server
    192.168.0.100
    255.255.255.0
    192.168.0.1
    192.168.0.1

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by gorlando View Post
    192.168.0.100
    255.255.255.0
    192.168.0.1
    192.168.0.1
    Those look OK as long as router is 192.168.0.1 and it has a DNS server.
    Are you using DHCP for SBT ?

    What is the IP address of the LMS ?

    Check ping failure of mysqueezebox.com is OK as my SBT connect to my LMS and returns "can't ping" to mysqueezebox.com (I'm guessing AWS no longer supports ping)

    What do you mean can play music through WebUI ? You can p;lay music on SBT through WebUI or on another player ?
    On SBT Settings/ Choose player - is the SBT ticked ?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Those look OK as long as router is 192.168.0.1 and it has a DNS server.
    Are you using DHCP for SBT ?

    What is the IP address of the LMS ?

    Check ping failure of mysqueezebox.com is OK as my SBT connect to my LMS and returns "can't ping" to mysqueezebox.com (I'm guessing AWS no longer supports ping)

    What do you mean can play music through WebUI ? You can p;lay music on SBT through WebUI or on another player ?
    On SBT Settings/ Choose player - is the SBT ticked ?
    Yes, DHCP
    192.168.0.108
    I have can't ping as well
    I have only SBT so I guess the music flows through it, I can control the volume through the SBT remote control but nothing else, no indication on the display (which after a while goes to the time indication, while the music continue...).

  6. #16
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by gorlando View Post
    Yes, DHCP
    192.168.0.108
    I have can't ping as well
    I have only SBT so I guess the music flows through it, I can control the volume through the SBT remote control but nothing else, no indication on the display (which after a while goes to the time indication, while the music continue...).
    What do you see at My Music > Switch Library, do you get a choice?

    Name:  libraries.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  12.6 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,558
    Quote Originally Posted by gorlando View Post
    I have can't ping as well
    Please clarify what you mean here ? it is ambiguous.

    I have only SBT so I guess the music flows through it,
    "Guess" ? Is the music coming through speakers attached to the SBT ?

    On SBT Settings/ Choose player - what is shown on the display ? What is the name of the player with a tick mark ?

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    What do you see at My Music > Switch Library, do you get a choice?

    Name:  libraries.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  12.6 KB
    Please see the pic, I have no choices, I have only 1 library, in my laptop
    Name:  IMG_3926.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  81.3 KB

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Please clarify what you mean here ? it is ambiguous.


    "Guess" ? Is the music coming through speakers attached to the SBT ?

    On SBT Settings/ Choose player - what is shown on the display ? What is the name of the player with a tick mark ?
    The only way the music travels is laptop - SBT - DAC - Amplifier - Lousdpeakers, so it's not a "guess", I used this word improperly...
    I have only one player (apologies for the thread title, which could induce to understand a plurality of SBTs).

  10. #20
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,614
    Sometimes helps:

    Remove power from your Touch
    Shutdown your laptop.
    Reboot your router, ensure router if fully up.
    Start your laptop and LMS.
    Power up your Touch.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •