Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

My SBT don't see LMS

I am new to this forum but not to SB, I've had a SB3 for many years, no issue with it until it died last year, so I bought a used SBT and I'm trying to have it working properly. I've gone through many posts with the same subject, I didn't find a situation like mine, so I write. Apologies if this has been already discussed, I didn\t find it.

I have LMS 7.9.2. on my laptop connedted via WiFi to the same router I've connected the sbt to (wired ethernet connection).
    I upgraded the SBT firmware, now I have the 7.8....754
    The SBT connects to the internet, radio works, but the network is "not ok" when I run the Check Network, also the Repair Network has the same result.
    So SBT doesn't see LMS and also MySqueezebox.com
    However, LMS can see my SBT, I can use the Web Control panel and can stream my mysic to the SBT this way. But the SBT doesn't display anything, and I cannot use the SBT remote or touch screen to access my music folder. SBT doesn't see it.

I have tried all the suggestions I've red on many threads here, no change.
    Any suggestion?

Thank you for your help, the music I get from the SBT in the curred, improper, way is amazing (as it was from my old SB3) and would like to use it properly!

Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by gorlando View Post
    I am new to this forum but not to SB, I've had a SB3 for many years, no issue with it until it died last year, so I bought a used SBT and I'm trying to have it working properly. I've gone through many posts with the same subject, I didn't find a situation like mine, so I write. Apologies if this has been already discussed, I didn\t find it.

I have LMS 7.9.2. on my laptop connedted via WiFi to the same router I've connected the sbt to (wired ethernet connection).
    The SBT connects to the internet, radio works, but the network is "not ok" when I run the Check Network, also the Repair Network has the same result.
    However, LMS can see my SBT, I can use the Web Control panel and can stream my mysic to the SBT this way. But the SBT doesn't display anything, and I cannot use the SBT remote or touch screen to access my music folder. SBT doesn't see it.

Any suggestion?

Thank you for your help, the music I get from the SBT in the curred, improper, way is amazing (as it was from my old SB3) and would like to use it properly!

Giovanni
    You say the Touch doesn't display anything? Nothing? Blank Screen?

Is your Touch playing music? Can you hear it?

Is your Touch actually controlling itself and not another Squezzebox player on your network.

If the Touch's screen is working, go to "My Music" > Choose Player > select your Touch.

Name:  choose.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  27.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You say the Touch doesn't display anything? Nothing? Blank Screen?

Is your Touch playing music? Can you hear it?

Is your Touch actually controlling itself and not another Squezzebox player on your network.

If the Touch's screen is working, go to "My Music" > Choose Player > select your Touch.

Name:  choose.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  27.0 KB
    The display works properly, see pics Name:  IMG_3911.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  71.9 KBName:  IMG_3912.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  77.4 KBName:  IMG_3913.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  82.6 KB,
    SBT plays music I select in LMS on my laptop but doesn' display anything of that, can\t connect to my music folder (called GO Music)
    I have only 1 SB (this SBT) and it seems to work properly, apart from not connecting to the network (and therefore not connecting to LMS and Mysqueezebox.com)
    When I go to My Music i get what is in the photos, SBT tries to connect to GO Music, fails and display a message saying to install LMS on my PC...

The display works properly,
    SBT plays music I select in LMS on my laptop but doesn' display anything of that, can\t connect to my music folder (called GO Music)
    I have only 1 SB (this SBT) and it seems to work properly, apart from not connecting to the network (and therefore not connecting to LMS and Mysqueezebox.com)
    When I go to My Music i get what is in the photos, SBT tries to connect to GO Music, fails and display a message saying to install LMS on my PC...
    On your Touch go to Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add new library > input the IP address of your laptop running LMS > click "Done".

Does that help?

Name:  newlib.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  20.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    On your Touch go to Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add new library > input the IP address of your laptop running LMS > click "Done".

Does that help?

Name:  newlib.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  20.0 KB
    Just tried, SBT says:"connecting to GO Music" and the result is as per the pics I posted...

Just tried, SBT says:"connecting to GO Music" and the result is as per the pics I posted...
    Well the Touch is definitely connected to your network.

If it were mine, I'd factory reset and run through setup again.

Press and hold the tiny button above the Touch's power in port until you see a Factory reset message.

Any suggestion?

Giovanni
    What have you installed LMS on. Maybe a firewall issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    What have you installed LMS on. Maybe a firewall issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    LMS is on a Dell Inspiron 15 with Windows 10. I have set OFF the windows firewall (on the local network). The problem is that the SBT doesn't connect to the network (while, for some reason my LMS and also Mysqueezebox.com can see and control the SBT...)