Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

PiCorePlayer + OLED (SH1106) + Menu possible?

I am using piCorePlayer with an OLED (SH1160; 128x64) and LMSMonitor to show actual playing info on this display. I also have some buttons and ir installed to controll the player "headless" with sbpd and lirc. It is working well.

Now I wonder if it is possible to use the OLED Display to show a "minimal" navigation menu for music and internet radio like with slimmer or JiveLite?

Any suggestions for necessary software components and configuration?

Quote Originally Posted by jofland View Post
    I am using piCorePlayer with an OLED (SH1160; 128x64) and LMSMonitor to show actual playing info on this display. I also have some buttons and ir installed to controll the player "headless" with sbpd and lirc. It is working well.

Now I wonder if it is possible to use the OLED Display to show a "minimal" navigation menu for music and internet radio like with slimmer or JiveLite?

Any suggestions for necessary software components and configuration?
    An option could be to write a driver for that display for LCDproc, then you could maybe use slimmer as slimmer uses LCDproc.
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

Quote Originally Posted by jofland View Post
    ........... menu for music and internet radio like with slimmer or JiveLite?
    Have a look at that Chill has achieved with a 240 x 240 LCD display and a new jivelite skin.
    I'm not sure what the minimal workable resolution is for jivelite, but it might give you a faster solution than writing something new.

Jivelite-on-a-Pirate-Audio-240x240-screen

M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

Seems that you need a framebuffer and a color display for Chill's solution. Unfortunately there is no framebuffer for SH1108, only for the simmilar SSD1306. This displays are only monochrome.

PiCorePlayer + OLED (SH1106) + Menu possible?

You could the use the approach I’m taking with squeezeamp which is to let LMS driver the UI. It requires programming though, I don’t think squeezelite has any variant that handles LMS’ graphic display request as I do in squeezeamp.

Could be an interesting project, if not existing today, to build a bridge between LMS graphic messages and LCDproc.

The modifications in squeezelite are pretty simple, you can look at the code I have in display.c of squeezeesp32
    Last edited by philippe_44; Yesterday at 11:32.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5