Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

iOS app for Squeezebox and UE

Both the Logitech SqueezeBox Controller and the Logitech UE Smart Radio Controller apps currently listed on the Apple App Store are not compatible with iOS 11, presumably they have not been updated to be 64-bit apps which is the requirement for iOS 11 compatibility.

I know these players i.e. the SqueezeBox Radio and UE Smart Radio are discontinued but many people will still have them. If the issue is 32-bit versus 64-bit then this would be a relatively simple matter to remedy by recompiling the code with the current Xcode and resubmitting it to the App Store.

Any chance of this being done?

​Alternatively are there recommendations for an alternative iOS app to control Squeezeboxes?

Quote Originally Posted by jelockwood View Post
    ​Alternatively are there recommendations for an alternative iOS app to control Squeezeboxes?
    I'm very fond of iPeng. Great support, too.

There's also an UE app.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

If the issue is 32-bit versus 64-bit then this would be a relatively simple matter to remedy by recompiling the code with the current Xcode and resubmitting it to the App Store.
    This is a myth.
    It was true if they were current apps just not compiled for 64 bit but there is no such thing, these apps havenít been maintained for years, they wonít work well with current UI APIs.

For example I had a similar issue with iPeng Party which was based on an old iPeng version.
    Re-compiling created so many issues that Iím now re-implementing it from scratch based on a recent iPeng version instead.

Even going from iOS 10 to 11 has created a lot of work for me in iPeng, this ďitís just a recompilationĒ is a bogus argument.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Oh, and I would of course also recommend iPeng or iPeng UE but Iím obviously biased (Iím the author) so please listen to others instead
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Well of course

I have both iPeng and Squeezepad, I prefer the latter

Ronnie

Ipeng... Definitely. Best app.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Oh, and I would of course also recommend iPeng or iPeng UE but Iím obviously biased (Iím the author) so please listen to others instead
    Pippin may be the author, but he's right! iPeng is the way to go.
    He's always accessible via the forum for any questions or problems, and keeps the app current for any iOS changes.

Just checking, but I'm still using the Logitech Controller App on iOS and it stopped working on all my iOS10 and iOS6 devices. Haven't tried using it in a few weeks, so not entirely sure when it stopped working. I dug out my old hardware Controller for my Duet and it started streaming internet radio right away -- so my system all appears fine. So has something changed recently for the old, original Logitech app? The app loads and detects my Duet, but clicking on the Duet image doesn't do anything. This is the same across all my iOS devices.

I know the better solution is to just move on to the iPeng app, but the Logitech app (was) working fine for my needs.

Anyone else experiencing issues using the old iOS app recently?
    Last edited by roknrol; 2018-03-12 at 09:31.

iOS app for Squeezebox and UE

> Anyone else experiencing issues using the old iOS app recently?

AFAIK we've removed it from the store as it's not compatible with iOS
    11+. Whether this means it stops working on older phones, I don't know, tbh.

--

Michael

Thanks for the reply, Michael. I did notice the app is no longer in the store, however, I can still download it from the cloud in my Purchased list. Do you know if the app was removed from the App Store recently? I've heard of apps being removed (because of 32-bit compatibility) but still functioning for those who previously purchased them. But if this was the change that happened in the last few weeks, then maybe that's the correlation.