Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't see a command to "Play XYZ artist" or a specific song.
    Both commands exist - see the online docs:

https://mediaserver.smartskills.tech...hingBy.html#27

https://mediaserver.smartskills.tech...aySong.html#28

2020 edition

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdayton View Post
    I heard a rumor that Logitech product management has now recognized that:
    -In 2020, 80% of the music business will be streaming content
    -That their SlimDevices Squeezebox line may have been 10 years ahead of its time.
    -That there still isn't a product on the market that streams as easy or as well as the original SB3 Classic and Squeezebox Touch, even 10 years later.
    -That even now, years past purchase, they have a large, loyal, dedicated fan base with a hunger for a new product.
    -That the vast majority of stereo owners would love to move to streaming but don't need a new receiver or amp, just something to deliver the music.

I also heard they are contemplating a simple update to Squeezebox Touch 2020:
    -Same physical design with upgraded DAC, WIFI and Screen
    -Build a focus on streaming first and easy setup, with full integration of Apple Music, Google Play, Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music/HD/Ultra HD and others through mysqueezebox.com
    -Full support for all streaming formats, bitrates and resolutions
    -Bitperfect output via digital outs up to 24/192 for those with external DACs.
    -Robust integration with Alexa, Siri and Google assistants
    -Updated Optional LMS with Roon like features for hard core audio folks managing large local libraries

That's what I heard anyway. And by heard, I mean, that's what I day dreamed about this afternoon while looking at CES 2020 highlights.

Come on Logitech, get back in the game. You could still be the standard bearer of the streaming age.

Has anyone else heard this?
    I have a similar dream. But really, I just want them - or someone (it is open source!!) to start making Squeezeboxes again. Integration with other services would be great, like chromecast, and support for more streaming services. It already makes a great Roon endpoint, btw. The DAC really doesn't need to be upgraded, neither the digital output. Both the analog and digital section is good enough.

I expect Philippe still has some SqueezeAMP systems available for sale.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I expect Philippe still has some SqueezeAMP systems available for sale.
    Yes, I've built a new batch of 50 which is on its way :-)
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3