Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Aha, that's the old v2 interface where they used applianceId instead of endpointId. The v3 interface changed just about everything
    As I see from https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/d...ion-guide.html
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I just tried here and devices not discovered.
    Yes, I can see the 16 players in the log. And the JSON I'm returning for you is no different to anybody else's JSON. It's a mystery why this works for some and not for others, using exactly the same codebase.

Could you send me a copy of the json response for mine to see if I can spot anything?
    Perhaps something related to other stuff I have detected in Alexa by other skills.

e.g. does Alexa have any problems with devices from different skills that have the same name/something?
    (even though it is supposed to be only checking within each domain)

Feel free to remove skill specific tokens etc
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

This is so strange. There's absolutely no difference in my reporting player details during discovery for various types of players. Every device has a friendlyName and an endpointId that are derived from the 'players ?' response from your LMS. The endpointId includes the MAC address of the player so that when you request Alexa to control a player, the incoming directive from Amazon containing the endpointId allows me to deduce which player to control (in the jsonrpc interface, players are identified by MAC address). For some reason, Amazon does not like the presence of your player's MAC addresses showing *anywhere* in the discovery response. There's no logical explanation for this and also no feedback as to why the response is ignored. In a smart home skill, a directive comes in to the skill, the skills responds to it and that's it - there's no error response returned if the skill response is rejected. The recent small change I made to the code adds a hash to the endpointId that's unique to your account, just in case there was an endpointId collision due to a MAC address collision with another user of the skill. That means that the MAC address should no longer be an issue.

Do you have any other smart home skills in use? There's a 300 device limit per Amazon account - you're hardly hitting that are you?
    the only skills I have enabled are your full lms skill and 1home (formerly voxior) which controls my loxone installation - very few devices are enabled with the voxior (only 19) so not much at all

do you need to full scan response from ngrok or can you already see that?
    Last edited by dunk; 2020-01-28 at 03:34.

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post
    the only skills I have enabled are your full lms skill and 1home (formerly voxior) which controls my loxone installation - very few devices are enabled with the voxior (only 19) so not much at all

do you need to full scan response from ngrok or can you already see that?
    I can see it all. And process it no problem. The problem is that Amazon does not like the results of that processing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Could you send me a copy of the json response for mine to see if I can spot anything?
    Perhaps something related to other stuff I have detected in Alexa by other skills.

e.g. does Alexa have any problems with devices from different skills that have the same name/something?
    (even though it is supposed to be only checking within each domain)

Feel free to remove skill specific tokens etc
    I've sent you a PM with a link to where you can download your JSON response. I don't suspect it has to do with the player friendlyNames because everybody has one called Livingroom, for example.

I've sent you a PM with a link to where you can download your JSON response. I don't suspect it has to do with the player friendlyNames because everybody has one called Livingroom, for example.
    Thanks.
    Not resolution.

The list of devices looked good and the json schema validator passed as expected (the Amazon one is out of date but there is a github pull that adds in more stuff that allows it to work).

I removed lots of Alexa devices that had been discovered / published via other skills but had a name clash (*) ... just in case ... but that did not help either.

* I have "Home Assistant" installed and it can discover LMS devices and make them appear as switches in Alexa and long ago I experimented with another skill that could push them to Alexa as Media Players
    Paul Webster

There's still no progress on the sporadic <InternalFailure/> during account linking which a tiny minority of people experience but which is rather persistent when it rears its ugly head. From @Ludopi's feedback, the Amazon redirect URL visible in a browser but not in the Alexa app is giving the failure reason as

Code:
    &errorKey=csrf-token-expired
    Any gurus on here any ideas if that's something related to the Amazon website or if it's more the blame of my oauth server hosted at smartskills.tech? My SSL cert is still valid with plenty of life left in it but I am not aware I have any csrf-tokens in use.
    Amazon had a suggestion to prevent this happening. I'll implement it and update ASAP.

Ready when you are !

EnvoyÚ de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ludopi View Post
    Ready when you are !
    Ok, give it a try now !