Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbinder101 View Post
    I was able to get MediaServer to work a few weeks ago, but when I linked LMS-lite successfully and then told Alexa to discover devices, it said it didn't find any new devices. So I then disabled MediaServer and LMS-lite, thinking maybe there is some sort of conflict. I then re-enabled LMS-lite, linked the account successfully, but when I say Discover devices it still says no new devices. I confirm this on the alexa app...I don't see my Touch nor my Radio. Any advice?
    It’s up to Amazon whether anything is announced upon discovery with smart home skills. With custom skills like MediaServer the skill can always confirm its actions, which it does. When things seem wrong with smart home discovery, logging out and back in from your Amazon account in the app usually helps. Worst case, uninstall and reinstall the app. This is an Amazon thing, not an LMS-lite issue. You can also try it from a browser and see if they appear in the smart home console.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    It’s up to Amazon whether anything is announced upon discovery with smart home skills. With custom skills like MediaServer the skill can always confirm its actions, which it does. When things seem wrong with smart home discovery, logging out and back in from your Amazon account in the app usually helps. Worst case, uninstall and reinstall the app. This is an Amazon thing, not an LMS-lite issue. You can also try it from a browser and see if they appear in the smart home console.
    Tried all the suggestions you made:
    1. Logged out and back in from account on app
    2. uninstalled and reinstalled app
    3. From within browser, did not appear and also pressed "Discover devices"
    4. Just for fun, gave the command "Alexa, discover devices" on my echo

Unfortunately, it is still a no-go. I have a Squeezebox Radio and a Touch. Not sure what to do next.

Tried all the suggestions you made:
    1. Logged out and back in from account on app
    2. uninstalled and reinstalled app
    3. From within browser, did not appear and also pressed "Discover devices"
    4. Just for fun, gave the command "Alexa, discover devices" on my echo

Unfortunately, it is still a no-go. I have a Squeezebox Radio and a Touch. Not sure what to do next.
    I see somebody in the logs (using the Amazon us-east-1 ARN) with several BRIDGE_UNREACHABLE errors in succession upon discovery. When you issued the spoken command, were you told that you have a connectivity problem? It looks like the skill linked OK but cannot now reach LMS for some reason. Are you using ngrok? If so, is that tunnel still up?

I see somebody in the logs (using the Amazon us-east-1 ARN) with several BRIDGE_UNREACHABLE errors in succession upon discovery. When you issued the spoken command, were you told that you have a connectivity problem? It looks like the skill linked OK but cannot now reach LMS for some reason. Are you using ngrok? If so, is that tunnel still up?
    No, when I issued the command to Alexa, she did not say that there was a connectivity problem, she just said she didn't find any new devices.
    Yes, I am using ngrok which looks like it is running successfully. I attached the screen shot of the result of issuing the command (I'm using Windows 10)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That does look ok in the ngrok dashboard. Nevertheless, the skill is not getting a usable response from LMS. What version of LMS do you have and what hardware does it run on? Can you kill this ngrok and setup a new tunnel and then disable and re-enable the skill again and see if that helps? If you re-enable MediaServer, does it discover OK ?

EDIT: What's happening is that your LMS is responding, but the player count is zero. In other words, LMS is reporting a clean install with no players. So discovery is working, but indeed not uncovering any players, new or otherwise.

Code:
    {'params': [0, ['players', '0', '64']], 'method': 'slim.request', 'id': 1, 'result': {'count': 0}}
    Any ideas why that might be?
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-01-11 at 07:49.

That does look ok in the ngrok dashboard. Nevertheless, the skill is not getting a usable response from LMS. What version of LMS do you have and what hardware does it run on? Can you kill this ngrok and setup a new tunnel and then disable and re-enable the skill again and see if that helps? If you re-enable MediaServer, does it discover OK ?

EDIT: What's happening is that your LMS is responding, but the player count is zero. In other words, LMS is reporting a clean install with no players. So discovery is working, but indeed not uncovering any players, new or otherwise.

Code:
    {'params': [0, ['players', '0', '64']], 'method': 'slim.request', 'id': 1, 'result': {'count': 0}}
    Any ideas why that might be?
    I finally figured it out (with your help!). When you had said that LMS is reporting a clean install with no players, I started poking around and saw in the server "Player" tab that it also showed no players. Then I realized that, because I have 2 LMS servers that I go back and forth to (I know it sounds weird but I have my reasons), my players (Touch and Radio) were both connecting to the other non-LMS-lite server. Once I told both the players to connect to the LMS-lite server and issued the Discover command, BOOM! The players were discovered. YAY!

The skill works like a charm, I issued several commands and all worked flawlessly, thank you so much for these 2 great skills.

I finally figured it out (with your help!). When you had said that LMS is reporting a clean install with no players, I started poking around and saw in the server "Player" tab that it also showed no players. Then I realized that, because I have 2 LMS servers that I go back and forth to (I know it sounds weird but I have my reasons), my players (Touch and Radio) were both connecting to the other non-LMS-lite server. Once I told both the players to connect to the LMS-lite server and issued the Discover command, BOOM! The players were discovered. YAY!

The skill works like a charm, I issued several commands and all worked flawlessly, thank you so much for these 2 great skills.
    Glad you got it sorted. MediaServer actually tells you if it was able to reach your LMS but the player count was zero. That’s the frustrating side of smart home skills - no custom messages when things go wrong. Anyway, the logs solved it for us.

Bonjour, et Merci !
    Looking forward to LMS-lite being available in French
    Going to test this.
    My next highest dream would be to benefit from my Unlimited Amazon Music subscription, to ask any song to Alexa and stream it back to LMS + pCP touch screen.
    Yeah, I know, Xmas is over

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk

French language version has been certified

Pour nos amis francophones...

LMS-lite is now available in French for both the fr-FR (France) and fr-CA (Canada) locales.

Thanks to DrMacabre for translating the skill store description at https://www.amazon.fr/smartskills-te...dp/B083H9JTJY/.

Thanks to Google translate for preparing setup instructions in French at https://smartskills.tech/lmslitesetup/FR/.

If you're in Canada and enable Multilingual Mode in your Alexa app, you can alternate between English and French commands at will. The response will automatically track the language used for the command.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-01-16 at 11:14.

Merci beaucoup !
    Et vive la France (et le Canada)

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk