Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by ashceryth;
    Thanks for checking! Now I can be sure it's something on my side. My bad, sorry! Just for clarification: Are there any other requests from your skill than POSTs to .../jsonrpc.js? Any GETs or other methods or other paths? Anything else? I would like to perform some further debugging.

I will take a look at ngrok as well.

Thank you for your help!
    Well, if your proxy is wrongly configured it should only prevent the skill from working correctly, not unlink/disable it. So there's still something weird.

Did you try to reach LMS using your proxy URL and credentials in a browser? That would help troubleshoot a proxy problem.

The skill(s) only POST to .../jsonrpc.js - nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post

Did you try to reach LMS using your proxy URL and credentials in a browser? That would help troubleshoot a proxy problem...
    I tested with with curl and executed some API calls (same as the skill) which worked out well. I tracked the issue down to Cloudflare. Now also all players are shown with their correct state in the Alexa app (so no "not responding" messages any more). I can now also see continuous status requests for the players in nginx log which was not the case before. So my proxy config seems to be fine.
    2x Squeezebox Radio| piCorePlayer with IQaudIO DigiAMP+ | piCorePlayer with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro | piCorePlayer with touch screen and USB DAC

Quote Originally Posted by ashceryth View Post
    I tested with with curl and executed some API calls (same as the skill) which worked out well. I tracked the issue down to Cloudflare. Now also all players are shown with their correct state in the Alexa app (so no "not responding" messages any more). I can now also see continuous status requests for the players in nginx log which was not the case before. So my proxy config seems to be fine.
    You use Cloudflare with your proxy - are they a DDNS provider too?

Let's see if the spontaneous unlinking stops now that LMS is reachable for the skill. Amazon may automatically unlink skills that generate too many errors. That's undocumented but many things related to skills are

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    You use Cloudflare with your proxy - are they a DDNS provider too?
    Not really, but they have a nice API Digged into this a little bit further but can't figure out why some requests don't reach my proxy. All my test curl requests work fine, but some of the skill requests don't make their way through Cloudflare and seem to cause the errors.

I need to reconfigure everything and will test again afterwards.

Sorry for bothering you with my special config
    2x Squeezebox Radio| piCorePlayer with IQaudIO DigiAMP+ | piCorePlayer with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro | piCorePlayer with touch screen and USB DAC

Quote Originally Posted by ashceryth;
    Not really, but they have a nice API Digged into this a little bit further but can't figure out why some requests don't reach my proxy. All my test curl requests work fine, but some of the skill requests don't make their way through Cloudflare and seem to cause the errors.

I need to reconfigure everything and will test again afterwards.

Sorry for bothering you with my special config
    No problem - always glad to learn something new.

Outgoing requests from Amazon are picky about things like SSL certs and also the TLS handshake. You can get assigned a different Amazon server on the fly and they don't always have the same patch level so something that works now can break in a minute and work again in 2 minutes. Impossible to either reproduce or debug

The advantage of ngrok is that it just works (Amazon has whitelisted it - they even recommend it). LetsEncrypt certs almost always work just fine too, if configured correctly with no weird --xyz switches for certbot.

The landing pages for the easy-setup configurator and the manual account-linking have been migrated from CoreUI to native Bootstrap 5 libraries and have a new look-and-feel (with better responsiveness as a result).

Please advise of any issues.

New favorites handling

As recently mentioned in the MediaServer forum thread, while examining the LMS source code around favorites-handling, I discovered an undocumented legacy feature which allows the entire favorites hierarchy to be retrieved with a single API call. This means that there is no more recursion needed to fetch all your favorites, implying that timeouts should no longer happen on favorites commands

I've now implemented this feature in LMS-lite. The numbering may be different to what you were used to so if you have Alexa routines setting favorites you may need to change the value you used there. Note also that if you have synced your favorites to mysb.com, a single extra API retrieval is performed so as to fetch their sub-id's. This will make the response a trifle slower so if you never actually use those mysb favorites, untick the sync option in LMS and delete the 'on mysqueezebox.com' folder. After a LMS restart, the folder will stay deleted and playing favorites will be really fast.

As a reminder, you can only play favorites by specifying an integer number that you determine by counting what you see when looking at your favorites in the default skin (Material sorts differently!).
    You cannot use names or dot-notation here due to the limitations of Smart Home skills — use MediaServer if you want that luxury.

Also, you don't mention 'Play' in the command — it's just:

'Alexa, Favorite 16 on Kitchen Boom'.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-09-15 at 06:58. Reason: Matched numbering to MediaServer's after all