Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by gianpaoloracca;
    Hi, I would like to help translating the app in italian, since I have to keep my devices on italian language.
    Let me know if I can help. Thanks!
    Thanks for offering to translate. For smart-home skills, it's not the skill voice model that needs translating but the description shown in the Alexa app when you browse the skill. Should be easy-peasy.

However, one of the key Amazon code-library items needed by the skill (Alexa.PlaybackController) is not available in Italian, so it's simply not possible. Amazon does not publish roadmaps so I have no idea when it will be available (I do monitor availability from time to time). https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/d...nterfaces.html

A user asked if it would be possible to add a slider for player volume for use in Alexa Routines. It's now live and is called

Player Volume
    Volume du lecteur
    Player-Lautstńrke

How can you use this? Well, you could already use an Alexa routine to e.g. start a player playing e.g. favorite 2 when motion is detected in a room or when a smart light is turned on. But the player would of course play at its most recent volume, which may be inappropriate. By having a volume slider in the routine, you can always set a fixed volume for when playback starts due to a routine. Remember, all those options for a player are selectable in every routine, so routine A could play favorite 2 at volume 20 with repeat on, and routine B could play favorite 5 at volume 50 with repeat off. That's why the volume slider is useful.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-03-15 at 03:42. Reason: Added explanation

Is there a way to tell this skill to play a certain song or artist, or should I continue using Media Server?
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios
    (I think I have a problem)

Quote Originally Posted by FredFredrickson View Post
    Is there a way to tell this skill to play a certain song or artist, or should I continue using Media Server?
    Thatĺs not possible in a smart home skill so you will have to continue using MediaServer for those commands. This skill is more for accessing the players for home automation purposes and simple commands.

The way favorites are handled by LMS-lite has been changed. Under the hood, if you asked for Favorite 'N', it used to call ["favorites","playlist","play","item_id:'+str(int(N ) - 1)+'"] which is fast but does not traverse nested favorites. On Squeezeboxes with a display, it also led to a heart symbol on the screen instead of the now-playing screen.

It now works the same way as favorites in MediaServer, meaning it parses the hierarchy in multiple API calls to retrieve all your favorites. Flattening to a numerical index should be the same as it is in MediaServer. In case this to-and-fro'ing to the API causes a timeout with your slow internet, you can still use the old method by asking for 'preset' instead of 'favorite'. With favorite, you now also get now-playing as under the hood it uses ["favorites","playlist","play","menu:favorites","is ContextMenu:1","item_id:'+str(id)+'"]

If you ask for a numerical favorite that is out of range, Alexa will now tell you rather than just saying 'OK' as she used to.

Enjoy!

EDIT: As a reminder, don't say "Play" - just say "Alexa, favorite 6 on Livingroom"
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-04-07 at 06:46.