Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I doubt it, honestly. But it may be worth seeing if that's it. There are no errors at all in the logs and I just disabled and re-enabled myself to check and that went fine so the oauth server is functioning.

EDIT: What platform are you linking from, desktop or mobile? Maybe try it from an alternative.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-01-05 at 10:48.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    I doubt it, honestly. But it may be worth seeing if that's it. There are no errors at all in the logs and I just disabled and re-enabled myself to check and that went fine so the oauth server is functioning.
    I disabled the Media Server skill then enabled and linked it. Then I tried to enable LMS-lite and it worked. No idea why.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I disabled the Media Server skill then enabled and linked it. Then I tried to enable LMS-lite and it worked. No idea why.

Great! Trust me, the notions of 'no idea why' and 'Amazon' fit together far more often than one would think/hope

The thing about a smart home skill is that far more is done by Amazon outside the skill code and therefore beyond the control of the skill author. So there was actually nothing much I could do to help in this case. Some weird happenings also seem to be linked to a user's account and not the skills themselves. Even Amazon has no idea why. My own account is jinxed in that I cannot trigger any skills from a routine. I have a brilliant skill idea that I cannot test from my own account because of this. It will take months to resolve, unfortunately.

Let me know how the amp/Touch simultaneous power commands work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Great! Trust me, the notions of 'no idea why' and 'Amazon' fit together far more often than one would think/hope

The thing about a smart home skill is that far more is done by Amazon outside the skill code and therefore beyond the control of the skill author. So there was actually nothing much I could do to help in this case. Some weird happenings also seem to be linked to a user's account and not the skills themselves. Even Amazon has no idea why. My own account is jinxed in that I cannot trigger any skills from a routine. I have a brilliant skill idea that I cannot test from my own account because of this. It will take months to resolve, unfortunately.

Let me know how the amp/Touch simultaneous power commands work out for you.
    I just tried creating s group containing my Touch and amplifier and turning off the group works. I also added the Touch to my Goodnight routine alongside the amplifier and some lights and that also works. This is what I expected to be possible when Amazon allowed skills to be used in routines. Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I just tried creating s group containing my Touch and amplifier and turning off the group works. I also added the Touch to my Goodnight routine alongside the amplifier and some lights and that also works. This is what I expected to be possible when Amazon allowed skills to be used in routines. Great work.

Good stuff! As a privileged developer, I have access to some preview stuff that has yet to roll out to all devs. In theory, I can have both MediaServer and LMS-lite install together and account-link together by creating what's called a multi-model skill. Except that Smart Home is simply not allowed in skills with subscriptions. So I decided not to wait any longer and just release a standalone Smart Home skill. I had this all working for myself a year ago, but back then I had no idea how to scale it for other users. ngrok was a game-changer, plus my own oauth server I wrote myself. Now I can copy/paste those concepts for all my skills and that's why LMS-lite was very doable.

One more thing I might do is make LMS-lite a combo Video/Smart-Home skill. That way, I could add Alexa.SeekController so you could say 'Alexa, go back 12 seconds' to repeat a guitar solo, for example. It's already handled in MediaServer with custom commands, but it would be cool to get it working here too. Just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-01-05 at 11:35.

Amazon just certified it for en-CA so our Canadian friends have access.

en-AU was just also certified so our Aussie mateys have access.

French anyone?

EnvoyÚ de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk

[Announce] LMS-lite certified Smart Home skill for Alexa

Quote Originally Posted by Ludopi View Post
    French anyone?
    The problem is that Alexa.Speaker is not yet available in French. All the other interfaces used in the skill are...

EDIT: I just tested in French and it did work. So either the Amazon docs are not yet updated or it works but is not officially supported. Anyway, should still be able to submit after beta testing first.
    EDIT#2: It's been submitted in French with a promised response from Amazon of 2 weeks. Hopefully sooner.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-01-11 at 02:13.

I was able to get MediaServer to work a few weeks ago, but when I linked LMS-lite successfully and then told Alexa to discover devices, it said it didn't find any new devices. So I then disabled MediaServer and LMS-lite, thinking maybe there is some sort of conflict. I then re-enabled LMS-lite, linked the account successfully, but when I say Discover devices it still says no new devices. I confirm this on the alexa app...I don't see my Touch nor my Radio. Any advice?