Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxzampieri View Post
    Hello philchillbill, I can translate the skill commands in Italian and even in Spanish, if you agree contact me in PM. I saw that LMS is an amazing system, simple but very powerful.

Max
    Thank you very much for volunteering. Unfortunately, if you look at the list at https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/d...nterfaces.html for the Alexa.PlaybackController interface, you will see that it is not available for it-IT or es-ES. This means the skill cannot yet work in Italy or Spain, even if translated. Amazon is VERY slow with these translations and unfortunately does not publish a roadmap so no idea when it will become available.

I do check from time to time so when support becomes available I will take you up on your kind offer.

@philchillbill: Great thanks for that skill works really good. :-)

Would you please post the full list of the German commands in detail.

Thanks and all the best, Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by samoth View Post
    @philchillbill: Great thanks for that skill works really good. :-)

Would you please post the full list of the German commands in detail.

Thanks and all the best, Thomas
    The very first post in this thread lists them all in English. Try saying the same things in normal natural German and you should find it works. Amazon defines the commands so I actually don’t know how they translate.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    The very first post in this thread lists them all in English. Try saying the same things in normal natural German and you should find it works. Amazon defines the commands so I actually don’t know how they translate.
    Hmmh, not so good.

Because everything is working fine with the German commands except the commands for the RangeController :-(

I am struggeling to find the right German words, or perhaps the RangeController is not working in the Skill ?

Alexa.RangeController Examples:

Alexa, track 7 on Touch
    Alexa, song 9 on Touch
    Alexa, what track is the Touch at?
    Alexa, what track is the Touch on?
    Alexa, favorite 3 on Touch

All the best , Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by samoth;
    Alexa.RangeController Examples:

Alexa, track 7 on Touch
    Alexa, song 9 on Touch
    Alexa, what track is the Touch at?
    Alexa, what track is the Touch on?
    Alexa, favorite 3 on Touch
    RangeController does work, you just need to know the friendlyNames for the capabilityResources.

For track/song, the skill uses Lied/Stück and for favorite it uses Favorit/Lieblings. Do they work if you use them in a German sentence? If you have better suggestions for the nouns to use, I'm all ears.

RangeController does work, you just need to know the friendlyNames for the capabilityResources.

For track/song, the skill uses Lied/Stück and for favorite it uses Favorit/Lieblings. Do they work if you use them in a German sentence? If you have better suggestions for the nouns to use, I'm all ears.
    Thanks for the quick response :-)

But

Alexa, Lied/Stück 3 auf [Squeezeboxname] or Alexa, Favorit/Lieblings 1 auf [Squeezeboxname]

Do not work on my side :-(

If I use a Alexa routine I can correctly adress track/song or the favorite. :-)

Strange ...

Quote Originally Posted by samoth View Post
    Thanks for the quick response :-)

But

Alexa, Lied/Stück 3 auf [Squeezeboxname] or Alexa, Favorit/Lieblings 1 auf [Squeezeboxname]

Do not work on my side :-(

If I use a Alexa routine I can correctly adress track/song or the favorite. :-)

Strange ...
    Amazon hasn’t published any example commands for RangeController for de-DE so it’s guesswork, unfortunately. Maybe ask a question in German on the German Alexa forums?

Actually, @Simon74's request got me thinking it should be possible to play favorites by number using the Alexa.RangeController interface and I got that working easily in a beta skill.

The syntax is "Alexa, favorite 2 on Livingroom" without mentioning "play". Once the targeted player has voice focus, a subsequent "Alexa, favorite 3" will work just fine with the same player. Etc.
    As an alternative text, I've chosen "Preset" unless anybody has a better suggestion?

Before I upload the code to the live skill, any suggestions as to what 2 words to use for Favorite in French and German?

Favori / Programmé | Favorit / Lieblings are what I beta'd with but they sound off to even my untrained ears...
    Hi there - using the LMS-Skill in French, it seems that favourites/preset doesn't work. trying "Alexa, favori/preset 2 sur cuisine" or "Alexa, favori/preset 2". Is it configured in French already?
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    Hi there - using the LMS-Skill in French, it seems that favourites/preset doesn't work. trying "Alexa, favori/preset 2 sur cuisine" or "Alexa, favori/preset 2". Is it configured in French already?
    Yes it is. But the ‘interface’ that the favorite command uses under the hood is not working well in both German and French. Amazon knows this but is not doing much about it. How are the other commands working in French? There has not been much feedback from the community after the skill was certified in French...

See https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/d...ontroller.html for examples of how the commands are worded in English. Maybe a French mirroring of one of those syntactic variations would work.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-02-01 at 08:03.

Yes it is. But the ‘interface’ that the favorite command uses under the hood is not working well in both German and French. Amazon knows this but is not doing much about it. How are the other commands working in French? There has not been much feedback from the community after the skill was certified in French...
    So far so good, it works quite well for what you can do with LMS-Lite. Still need to play further, will report if any finding.

Happy that the whole set up is working on my Pi with Max2Play. Next steps for me will be to try to set up the ngrok autostart and update.
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz