Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by pacc View Post
    It would be great if this were extended to support discontinued products (as squeezebox) and open-source projects like WLED,
    the most valuable effect would being able to use 'smart' devices with alexa even after their manufacturer goes belly-up and takes their servers with them.
    (like Best buy's insignia products)

I mostly use my squeezeboxes as radio's and only use mysqueezebox.com, wouldn't itbe possible to directly control the on/off, volume, channel from alexa with this, bypassing LMS?
    Well the skill talks to LMS and not to the players directly, just as the GUI does. So I don’t see this working without a server in the loop.

können radio favoriten direkt (per name oder nummer) angesprochen werden ?
    can radio favorites be addressed directly (by name or number) ?

[Announce] LMS-lite certified Smart Home skill for Alexa

Quote Originally Posted by Simon74 View Post
    können radio favoriten direkt (per name oder nummer) angesprochen werden ?
    can radio favorites be addressed directly (by name or number) ?
    Not with this skill (limitation of smart home skills). The ‘other’ skill (MediaServer) can do that because it has a custom voice model.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-11-07 at 05:39.

Actually, @Simon74's request got me thinking it should be possible to play favorites by number using the Alexa.RangeController interface and I got that working easily in a beta skill.

The syntax is "Alexa, favorite 2 on Livingroom" without mentioning "play". Once the targeted player has voice focus, a subsequent "Alexa, favorite 3" will work just fine with the same player. Etc.
    As an alternative text, I've chosen "Preset" unless anybody has a better suggestion?

Before I upload the code to the live skill, any suggestions as to what 2 words to use for Favorite in French and German?

Favori / Programmé | Favorit / Lieblings are what I beta'd with but they sound off to even my untrained ears...