Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Auto volume set

Hi,
    I think my question may be more an Alexa/routine/IFTTT question rather than this skill, so apologies if this isn't quite the right place to post, but some of you guys may have managed to do this already, so here goes...

What I'd like to do is get Alexa to automatically mute or set a low volume on the assumed player as soon as I say the Alexa wake up word?

So imagine, music playing loud in living room where the player and Alexa live. As soon as I shout Alexa loud enough for her to recognise the living room player mutes/low vol so that I can talk to Alexa, and resumes volume after I've finished.

Is this possible?

[Announce] LMS-lite certified Smart Home skill for Alexa

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    Hi,
    I think my question may be more an Alexa/routine/IFTTT question rather than this skill, so apologies if this isn't quite the right place to post, but some of you guys may have managed to do this already, so here goes...

What I'd like to do is get Alexa to automatically mute or set a low volume on the assumed player as soon as I say the Alexa wake up word?

So imagine, music playing loud in living room where the player and Alexa live. As soon as I shout Alexa loud enough for her to recognise the living room player mutes/low vol so that I can talk to Alexa, and resumes volume after I've finished.

Is this possible?
    Unfortunately not possible. Merely saying ‘Alexa’ does not yet kick off anything a skill developer can act upon. Amazon reserves that for internal use. If you have the MediaServer skill and use the Stream to Echo functionality you will see that working. The moment you say ‘Alexa’ to an Echo streaming from LMS, the audio is interrupted. That’s not the skill doing that though, it’s Alexa / the Echo.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-04-25 at 22:51.

German translation of skill manifest

There's actually no reason why LMS-Lite could not be posted to the Amazon.de store for accessibility in the DACH countries. All that's needed is to have the skill store description available in German, plus a concise version of the setup help for configuring ngrok. Anybody interested in helping out with translating? The original help text in English is at https://smartskills.tech/lmslitesetup/DE/. That's less critical because it will not be scrutinised by Amazon but it is still needed.

The skill store description is as follows:

Smart Home control paradigm for Logitech Media Server and Squeezebox media players.

This non-affiliated skill implements all the Logitech Media Server commands that can currently be addressed in a Smart Home skill type, and as such is a lite version of our more full-function 'MediaServer' skill.

The possibilities include:

Powering on/off players (turn on, turn off).
    Setting volume level, either directly or as an increment/decrement (set/increase/decrease volume to/by).
    Player mute/unmute.
    Transport commands (play/resume, pause, stop, next, previous, and start-over).
    Direct track-index selection (set track to..).
    Setting and querying shuffle and repeat/loop modes (off, song, album).

Your players appear in the Alexa app and can be included in smart home device-groups and in routines so that e.g. your Squeezebox and Amplifier can be powered on/off together. Players can also be renamed or deleted within the Alexa app.

Prerequisites: To use the skill, you will need to have (1) a self-hosted instance of Logitech Media Server which *must* be remotely-accessible via https, and (2) one or more hardware or software Squeezebox/Transporter players. Instructions on setting up the connectivity details of LMS for purposes of account linking can be found at https://smartskills.tech/lmslitesetup/DE",

Example phrases (need to reflect the actual Alexa phrases used in German !!)

"Alexa, set Transporter volume to 60.",
    "Alexa, pause Touch.",
    "Alexa, turn off Boom."

Danke im Voraus !

Support for multiple servers

Upon request of @PaulWebster and @staresy, I now have a beta that supports multiple LMS instances (unlimited). There are two prerequisites:

1. You must use the same -auth usernames/passwords for all the https proxies.
    2. Player names must be unique across the entire superset of players, so e.g. if one server/location has a player called Livingroom, the other(s) cannot have a player with that name too.

During account linking, you simply separate the fully-qualified server urls by commas with an optional space. so e.g. https://29f955b.ngrok.io, https://345fede.ngrok.io. That's an example only and you do not have to use ngrok. The servers can run different versions of LMS and can be at the same location or geographically diverse. All you need is a separate proxy url for each one.

As before, the beta uses a different skill name (Squeeze instead of LMS-Lite) and discovers your players as "Squeeze XXX" so as not to touch your existing setup. If testing goes well then I will simply merge this into the existing skill as there would be no differences for people with only one server in use.

PM me with your Amazon account email if you'd like to try the beta.

Thanks.
    I'll set up a 2nd LMS at home to try this out at home.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

As usual I'm confused by this new feature ... so is a second server on a different network declared in the same ngrok instance?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Announce] LMS-lite certified Smart Home skill for Alexa

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    As usual I'm confused by this new feature ... so is a second server on a different network declared in the same ngrok instance?
    What do you mean by ngrok instance? A named tunnel as declared in the YAML file? Or a unique ngrok subdomain/tunnel?

Each LMS instance needs a proxied https url. So if you have two LMS instances at home for some reason on say 192.168.2.10 and 192.168.2.28, you need two externally accessible URL’s such as abc.ngrok.io and def.ngrok.io that point to them. You could now specify both proxies during account linking and the skill will try both URL’s when discovering players.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    What do you mean by ngrok instance? A named tunnel as declared in the YAML file? Or a unique ngrok subdomain/tunnel?

Each LMS instance needs a proxied https url. So if you have two LMS instances at home for some reason on say 192.168.2.10 and 192.168.2.28, you need two externally accessible URL’s such as abc.ngrok.io and def.ngrok.io that point to them. You could now specify both proxies during account linking and the skill will try both URL’s when discovering players.
    How about servers on 192.168.1 and 192.168.0 - each on a separate ISP ? Ngrok is running on 192.168.0

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    How about servers on 192.168.1 and 192.168.0 - each on a separate ISP ? Ngrok is running on 192.168.0
    What's your subnet mask? Can devices on the .0 and .1 see each other? Worst case, you'd need to run ngrok on the .1 aswell if the .0 instance of ngrok cannot see your .1 LMS. But with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192 the .0 and .1 should be able to see each other and one ngrok instance would suffice.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...netting-basics
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-05-08 at 12:18.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    What's your subnet mask? Can devices on the .0 and .1 see each other? Worst case, you'd need to run ngrok on the .1 aswell if the .0 instance of ngrok cannot see your .1 LMS. But with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192 the .0 and .1 should be able to see each other and one ngrok instance would suffice.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...netting-basics
    No, the two are separate and can't see each other ... the subnet thing is beyond my understanding, I'm afraid. Both have 255, xxxxx..0
    Last edited by castalla; 2020-05-08 at 12:45.