Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    new amazon/alexa account successfully linked via ngrok shows a very short request result with no player foundName:  Capture.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  53.8 KB

[Announce] LMS-lite certified Smart Home skill for Alexa

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post
    new amazon/alexa account successfully linked via ngrok shows a very short request result with no player found
    That's correct. I now precede actual player discovery by a quick query of your server version [version,?] so I can populate the new Amazon additionalAttributes object. See https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/d...ributes-object. Amazon claim this field can help identify the same device when linked by different skills, so I now fill it in.

The regular request for [players,0,64] you were used to seeing in your ngrok logs comes after this in the discovery sequence.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-02-01 at 11:12.

I've reached the conclusion that this simply must be a bug somewhere in the Amazon back-end. I'll go live anyway with the newer code as it will allow scaling to 2^256 potential Squeezeboxes across all users and I've added a few extra standard error types so that you can tell the difference between connectivity errors like ngrok tunnel gone away and a Squeezebox being powered off ("Garage player isn't responding").

I'll open a case with Amazon for this bug. Just like with the <InternalFailure/> bug that was back-end server patch-level related rather than account related, maybe this is also down to the luck of whatever Amazon server is assigned to you when you link the skill. We shall see...

Regarding the French Alexa Smart Home skills, the few voice commands I found so far that were documented, were poorly translated, and far from natural to use in a daily/family basis.
    If this requires to use Routines for aliasing more natural voice commands, I have an idea of a more straight forward setup, not requiring ngrok.
    This would use an Esp8266 seen as a Phillips Hue, relaying Alexa commands to LMS.
    Prototype can switch player on/off, and pick one among favourites web radios.

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk

The beta code has now been posted to the live LMS-lite skill. Transition should be seamless but if not then 'Alexa, discover devices'. If you see duplicates of your LMS players in your Alexa app or in the web portal, delete them and re-discover. This should only be necessary once.

People who were finding that the auto-discovery used to keep adding the same player-name multiple times should now see an end to that behaviour.

Please let me know if there are any issues.

I've noticed that some people's accounts auto-discover every few hours or so, while others apparently never do. What's the logic there? I also observed this morning that all my players were shown duplicated in the Alexa app, as Amazon dug up old historical data for my account from somewhere deep in the bowels of some server. Apparently, when you delete a smart home device, you don't really delete it. It's a shame they don't document this erratic behaviour...

A somewhat niche request ...
    A set-up with more than one base (e.g. home / work / holiday villa on Mustique)

Amazon Echo(s) in each location - all tied to the same Amazon account.
    Separate LMS installations - one in each base.

Could there be a way for the skill/Amazon to hold more than one configuration (LMS1 / LMS2 etc) per Alexa account and then associate the requesting Echo devices with one or other LMS?

If it helps ... could require that the LMS player names are different in each LMS installation.

e.g.
    from Musique ...
    Alexa, ask media server to pause in Infinity Pool
    from home
    Alexa, ask media server to pause in Bathroom
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    A somewhat niche request ...
    A set-up with more than one base (e.g. home / work / holiday villa on Mustique)

Amazon Echo(s) in each location - all tied to the same Amazon account.
    Separate LMS installations - one in each base.

Could there be a way for the skill/Amazon to hold more than one configuration (LMS1 / LMS2 etc) per Alexa account and then associate the requesting Echo devices with one or other LMS?

If it helps ... could require that the LMS player names are different in each LMS installation.

e.g.
    from Musique ...
    Alexa, ask media server to pause in Infinity Pool
    from home
    Alexa, ask media server to pause in Bathroom
    Interesting idea. I note you posed the question in the LMS-lite thread while your example commands are for MediaServer, but the principle would be the same for both skills. At the end of the day, it's just about shuffling JSON back and forth to/from servers and endpoints. Each endpoint could have a particular LMS URL associated with it, which can theoretically vary from player to player (right now, that's the same URL for all players under the skill). Account linking would have to allow you to specify different URLs for the various locations, which is not so difficult. You could either choose to use unique player names across all locations or else allow repeated names and simply prefix a location with a unique location-name, which could be entered textually when linking. So 'turn on bungalow bathroom' vs 'turn on villa bathroom'. The 'assume' command would take location into account automatically.

I'll have a play with it and when I have something workable I'll send you a beta invite.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Interesting idea. I note you posed the question in the LMS-lite thread while your example commands are for MediaServer, but the principle would be the same for both skills. At the end of the day, it's just about shuffling JSON back and forth to/from servers and endpoints. Each endpoint could have a particular LMS URL associated with it, which can theoretically vary from player to player (right now, that's the same URL for all players under the skill). Account linking would have to allow you to specify different URLs for the various locations, which is not so difficult. You could either choose to use unique player names across all locations or else allow repeated names and simply prefix a location with a unique location-name, which could be entered textually when linking. So 'turn on bungalow bathroom' vs 'turn on villa bathroom'. The 'assume' command would take location into account automatically.

I'll have a play with it and when I have something workable I'll send you a beta invite.
    This is not such a niche request, I have a similar application, two physical locations, each with a LMS and a single Alexa account. Sadly however my 2nd location isn't a villa in Mustique just a small flat in the UK.

I'd also like to be able to control both LMS from a single alexa account, so will watch how this thread develops with interest. I'd be happy to offer to test anything, that is of course when I'm allowed out of my house and can visit my 2nd LMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludopi View Post
    Regarding the French Alexa Smart Home skills, the few voice commands I found so far that were documented, were poorly translated, and far from natural to use in a daily/family basis.
    If this requires to use Routines for aliasing more natural voice commands, I have an idea of a more straight forward setup, not requiring ngrok.
    This would use an Esp8266 seen as a Phillips Hue, relaying Alexa commands to LMS.
    Prototype can switch player on/off, and pick one among favourites web radios.

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk
    Salut, qu’est-ce qui n’est pas naturel dans « alexa suivant sur logitech » ou encore « alexa monte le son sur logitech »?

J’utilise alexa pour Kodi aussi et je trouve que c’est assez cohérent, ce sont les mêmes commandes, « pause sur kodi, reprend sur kodi, monte le son, baisse le volume, met le volume à... » idem sur lms quand alexa décide pas de balancer sa soupe via son truc de radio à la noix parce que ça fait un moment qu’elle a zappé que ta dernière Commande était pour LMS.