Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    i turned off all the squeezelite players (musicserver4lox) and rescanned - it still didnt find a single player!

where is the locale located? the amazon account has the primary address in the uk which is correct

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    The discovery JSON I return is much much bigger. But I have other skills that return way more data than yours and that works fine, so I doubt if the length is the problem. In retrospect, that reference to 24KB was likely for responses other than discovery responses.

What locale are you setup for with Amazon?

EDIT: I think it's related to duplicated endpointIDs being caused by your MAC addresses. You have several MusicServer4Lox-Player types which seem to be spoofing a MAC address. If you decouple those 8 players and rediscover, does it work then? If It does, I can do a simple code change that will prevent this being an issue moving forward, but that would require everybody to rediscover. Not a big deal as no unlink/link needed, just saying 'Discover Devices'. Let me know.

[Announce] LMS-lite certified Smart Home skill for Alexa

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post
    i turned off all the squeezelite players (musicserver4lox) and rescanned - it still didnt find a single player!

where is the locale located? the amazon account has the primary address in the uk which is correct
    Turning them off is not the solution as they are still discoverable when unpowered (LMS still 'knows' about them). They have to be dissociated from LMS in the UI. I can see that you are still attempting discovery with 17 players and all the MusicServer4Lox are in there.

The locale just tells me where to look endpoint-wise. Everything is hosted in Ireland for EU, Virginia for US East Coast, and Oregon for US West. If you are on en-GB then your endpoint is Ireland.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2020-01-25 at 12:30.

when i say turned off, they are powered down and dont appear in the LMS at all
    Look in :4040 at the ngrok log. They’re still showing, which means the skill is still discovering them. Powered down players don’t disappear from LMS.

the software players are powered down and dont appear in the user or settings ui of lms

just ran another scan and all the real players have now showed up - thanks, i must have run the alexa scan too soon after stopping the virtual players

perhaps your proposed software changes will fix the issue?

the software players are powered down and dont appear in the user or settings ui of lms

just ran another scan and all the real players have now showed up - thanks, i must have run the alexa scan too soon after stopping the virtual players

perhaps your proposed software changes will fix the issue?
    Sure I’ll do that. In the meanwhile, can you set the MAC address somewhere in your UI for those players ? If so then pick something more random than what they currently are assigned with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unfortunately the mac addressess for the virtual players are assigned by the musicserver4lox server and i cant change them - pity!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludopi View Post
    Thank you so much for this detail answer.
    So, I am not crazy. This kept me pretty busy late at night trying everything.
    I only tried through the Alexa app. on Android (Xiaomi Redmi 3S).
    Will soon try what you say and let you know.
    But your skill never became Activated in the mobile Alexa app if that matters.

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk
    Still no joy. Couldn't try for long, but exiting the app after 'Internal Failure', to start scanning by Alexa, couldn't find anything.
    Skill still not activated, and no new device discovered by Alexa.

unfortunately the mac addressess for the virtual players are assigned by the musicserver4lox server and i cant change them - pity!
    OK, the modified discovery code is live and should now handle non-Logitech players automatically. Don't disable or re-link or whatever, just say "Alexa, discover devices" and hopefully all 20 of your players will now show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludopi View Post
    Still no joy. Couldn't try for long, but exiting the app after 'Internal Failure', to start scanning by Alexa, couldn't find anything.
    Skill still not activated, and no new device discovered by Alexa.

That must be very frustrating. I had a sudden idea that it might be because the 'state' query-parameter string that Amazon uses during account linking is using weird characters that I was stripping in my oauth server. I've changed the code to accept the state as-is. Can you please make another attempt to link?

thanks for the update,

unfortunately the squeezelite players didnt show up - i tried a couple of times and checked the ngrok output (they are visible and running again)

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    OK, the modified discovery code is live and should now handle non-Logitech players automatically. Don't disable or re-link or whatever, just say "Alexa, discover devices" and hopefully all 20 of your players will now show up.