Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

iPeng to provide handoff to HomePod at LMS not only via iPhone?

I have one question according to iPeng: When I am doing a hand-off from my iPhone to my HomePod mini, it works - but the sound is streamed from my iPhone to the HomePod via Airplay. This works, but it would be much nicer to have a real handoff, i.e. that the action of handoff triggers a switching of the player on the LMS, so that iPeng on the iPhone is only the remote, and LMS is streaming to the HomePod via Airplay and the airplay bridge.

This would be a very nice feature.

Would that be possible?

What do you mean by handoff?

Have you tried transferring play to the pseudo SB player? You can do this in a number of different ways e.g. from within iPeng, using a plugin - Music, Walk With Me, Switch Player - or from the queue in Material.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

HomePods have the feature, to handoff playback from an iPhone to the HomePod by just moving the iPhone physically close to the HomePod. This works in so far, that the iPhone does not play on the the iPhone speaker, but on the the HomePod via AirPlay, but the LMS player is still the iPhone. In consequence, when I move away from the wifi signal, the playback stops on the HomePod.

What would be ideal is, that the the handoff results in a player sync and switch to the HomePod, so that the LMS is switching, via the excellent airplay bridge plugin, to the HomePod ( as an airplay speaker) and continues playing. Therefore, the iPhone would be put of the loop and free top play other stuff.

Hope this clarifies,

Rainer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rkrug View Post
    HomePods have the feature, to handoff playback from an iPhone to the HomePod by just moving the iPhone physically close to the HomePod. This works in so far, that the iPhone does not play on the the iPhone speaker, but on the the HomePod via AirPlay, but the LMS player is still the iPhone. In consequence, when I move away from the wifi signal, the playback stops on the HomePod.

What would be ideal is, that the the handoff results in a player sync and switch to the HomePod, so that the LMS is switching, via the excellent airplay bridge plugin, to the HomePod ( as an airplay speaker) and continues playing. Therefore, the iPhone would be put of the loop and free top play other stuff.

Hope this clarifies,

Rainer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That is a function of iOS which I don't think anyone can change. Why don't you just use iPeng to switch player to the pseudo SB player?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Sure. But would a HomePod app for iPeng be able to control this behavior? I donĺt know.

Why I do not use the Walk With Me plugin or switch via iPeng? Because it would be much more convenient to just be abele to tap the HomePod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk