Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Dead Duet Receiver

My Duet receiver was knocked off the table onto the floor and no longer works. There is no sign of any external or internal physical damage, but there are no obvious signs of life either. The controller works as it should with other SBs. Can anyone suggest to a non-electronic fellow how to go about testing a receiver to diagnose the problem? It's easy to open the case, but then what?

Thanks in advance!

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the wifi board is properly seated.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    The only thing I can think of is to make sure the wifi board is properly seated.
    There's nothing obviously loose or broken, and no rattles. In fact, it's a remarkably sturdy assembly. The main board has a pair of holes marked "Reset", although there's no button fitted. If I short across the holes I can get the LED to flash red slowly a few times, but that's all. The power button does nothing, although power is clearly reaching the board.

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    Resurrecting this thread, as my Duet player just died on me after 12 years of reliable streaming.

I could not find a suitable power adapter to check with, but I guess the probability of that one breaking is low compared to the Duet player itself.

So, does anyone know if there are any obvious things inside the Duet player to check?

Thanks
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    I could not find a suitable power adapter to check with, but I guess the probability of that one breaking is low compared to the Duet player itself.
    No. PSU failure is the most likely failure even worse it can do so gradually and so even if supplying enough power to light optical connection (should be lit) - power is not enough to make receiver operate.

I think the Phihong code for a Receiver PSu is PSA050R-090 - need to check connector measurements to be sure
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-03-14 at 04:12.

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    No. PSU failure is the most likely failure even worse it can do so gradually and so even if supplying enough power to light optical connection (should be lit) - power is not enough to make receiver operate.

I think the Phihong code for a Receiver PSu is PSA050R-090 - need to check connector measurements to be sure
    OK, thanks.
    I'll start there then.
    Everything is printed on the adapter, output is +9 V, 0.5 A, positive in the middle and minus on the outside. That should not be so hard to find.

UPDATE: Wohoo! I found a 10 V, 1.25 A adapter with the right configuration, and now the Duet player is playing just fine!! Great! Thank you so much.
    Last edited by OppfinnarJocke; 2020-03-14 at 07:04.
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com