Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: What music service should be tightly integrated with My Music first?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deezer

8 8.79%
  • Napster

2 2.20%
  • Qobuz

28 30.77%
  • Tidal

24 26.37%
  • Other

14 15.38%
  • I don't care about online services

24 26.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Some more questions: when browsing artists, should an artist from your online service show all albums in "My Music", or only the albums you've added to your favorites? Eg. Frank Zappa would have dozens, if not hundreds of albums. When drilling down My Music/Artists/Frank Zappa, would you expect them all to be there, or only the ones you like?

I tend to the second option, making My Music really the entry point to the stuff I have actively added to my collection. For discovery I'd go to the service specific app menus. Or I could try to add a "more of this artist on XYZ"?
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I tend to the second option, making My Music really the entry point to the stuff I have actively added to my collection.
    Totally agree, we need a way to stay on top of what we like, and Favorites is the LMS way for this. The services do have own ways, but I’m sure to integrate this would be a hell of work. Maybe later on, somebody could code an import function e.g. for TIDAL collection.
    For discovery I'd go to the service specific app menus. Or I could try to add a "more of this artist on XYZ"?
    “More of this Artist” would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 - 0011.1527861596 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7’’ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Quote Originally Posted by schoeppi View Post
    Am 29.12.2019 um 17:32 schrieb garym:
    >
    > Integration would be the way Roon works with tidal and Quobuz.

What features would that be? Sorry, I do not know Roon, never used it...

Ciao,

Schoepp
    it integrates your selected items from tidal and quobuz so that your music library shows local music and services music in one seamless manner. That is, exactly what Michael is suggesting above. I suspect this would be a very good thing for LMS.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    “More of this Artist” would be fantastic.
    If this is done, can you please mark (via a property, or standard ID) that this is an action, and not an album in the list. i.e. in Material I'd prefer to not have this in the list of albums, but move it into the toolbar as an extra action. So, when querying albums by an artist, this would be (I assume) the last entry in the list and hardware UI's, etc could just have this as the last entry - but control points (if they wish) would be informed that this is an action that can be moved elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Some more questions: when browsing artists, should an artist from your online service show all albums in "My Music", or only the albums you've added to your favorites? Eg. Frank Zappa would have dozens, if not hundreds of albums. When drilling down My Music/Artists/Frank Zappa, would you expect them all to be there, or only the ones you like?

I tend to the second option, making My Music really the entry point to the stuff I have actively added to my collection. For discovery I'd go to the service specific app menus. Or I could try to add a "more of this artist on XYZ"?
    Material caches the artist and album lists (but not lists of albums by an artist), and uses the 'LMS last scan time' to know when the cache is invalid. If artists from online services are to be merged, I'd need someway of knowing when my cache is invalid.

OT. Did you know that the poll itself isn’t exposed in the mobile skin?

Anyway I’ve temporarily switched to the desktop version and cast my votes for Tidal and Qobuz. I am trialling both at the moment and tbh it’s 50/50 as to which I will choose long term. If one is the subject of the proposed integration and the other isn’t, then that will be the deciding factor.

On the how to intergrate Artists I also agree with the latter proposed approach.

Streaming with Qobuz, with, my albums first perhaps. Excellent idea! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    OT. Did you know that the poll itself isn’t exposed in the mobile skin?
    Totally invisible on mobile. Thanks for bringing this to attention. Voted now on www forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 - 0011.1527861596 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7’’ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Music Service Integration

>> “More of this Artist” would be fantastic.
    >
    > If this is done, can you please mark (via a property, or standard ID)
    > that this is an action, and not an album in the list. i.e. in Material

I haven't looked into implementation details yet. But I imagined an
    additional item like the "play all" item at the end of the list.

--

Michael

Music Service Integration

> Material caches the artist and album lists (but not lists of albums by
    > an artist), and uses the 'LMS last scan time' to know when the cache is
    > invalid. If artists from online services are to be merged, I'd need
    > someway of knowing when my cache is invalid.

Optimizing updates isn't in LMS responsibility (except for the services
    built-in). But it's a big challenge indeed. We don't want to hammer
    music services every few minutes just to update when there's no update
    at all. But we should get updates as quickly as possible (thought this
    most likely will have to rely on polling - which I hate).

--

Michael