Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Library View difference between Classic & Material Skin

i have the need to save a library view

- in Material Skin, i have the "save button", but not the same selection possibilities "eg. file format"
    - in Classic Skin, i have the selection possibility, but nowhere a save button for library view

Uhhh....
    Help please. :-)
    Before i retag the comment tag, where can i save a library view in classic skin and select this view in material skin?

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post

- in Material Skin, i have the "save button", but not the same selection possibilities "eg. file format"
    - in Classic Skin, i have the selection possibility, but nowhere a save button for library view

Uhhh....
    Before i retag the comment tag, where can i save a library view in classic skin and select this view in material skin?
    If you click on the cog at the bottom of the advanced search screen you will see more options

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

thanks, but isn't this the material skin? There i can save, but the selections are not the same like in classic skin. In classic skin, i haven't this cog wheel

Uhhh....
    I assume you mean "Default skin", and not "Classic Skin", they are not the same.

Instruction for saving a Library view using the Default skin here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post968966
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

thanks, but isn't this the material skin? There i can save, but the selections are not the same like in classic skin. In classic skin, i haven't this cog wheel
    But the point is you can save library views directly in material skin with the same options as in the other skins.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    But the point is you can save library views directly in material skin with the same options as in the other skins.

Yes and no, saving is possible, but for example it is not possible to select file format or file path like in the Default (not classic, sorry) skin.

Anyway, i have now a saved library, thank you, but didn't know how to use those in the squeezebox radio.....

Yes and no, saving is possible, but for example it is not possible to select file format or file path like in the Default (not classic, sorry) skin.

Anyway, i have now a saved library, thank you, but didn't know how to use those in the squeezebox radio.....
    In Material.

Click the search button.
    Click the Advanced search button.

Name:  search01.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  search02.jpg
Size:  20.7 KB

Name:  search 03.jpg
Size:  56.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

It is though if you select file after clicking the cog. To use library views on the Radio you need to add it in Additional Browse Modes. To use them in Material skin click on the circled icon in the My Music screen.

Indeed!
    Thanks again.

..... dunno if i have found a "bug"

If i create a saved search in the default skin, then i use "file format" and found my >i80.000 files
    If i do the same in Material skin, then i get 2002 entries in 1001 albums.
    This smells like fixed limitation. Other search params which also should return >80.000 will also show that 2002/1001 pair