Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LMS on Alpine Linux

> Excerpt from my Config.pm:

What Config.pm would this be? This more looks like from a
    Slim::Utils::OS::* module (which I'd recommend you'd use, a Custom.pm).

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Excerpt from my Config.pm:

What Config.pm would this be? This more looks like from a
    Slim::Utils::OS::* module (which I'd recommend you'd use, a Custom.pm).
    You're right - it's from my Custom.pm (not sure where the Config.pm came from), and it was meant to be an example of "customize LMS for an unsupported OS platform" I linked to in #7
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by sodface View Post
    In option 1, is there a symlink under CPAN/arch pointing to the compiled modules?
    In my case, it does (I keep all non-standard files (i.e. those not in the no-CPAN tar like arch, Custom.pm) in a separate directory in /opt, so I can just untar a new LMS version, and link the custom stuff). However, for a package, I'm not sure if this approach makes sense (since the package manager can take care of everything during the install process)
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by sodface View Post
    @ralpy, thanks for the input. So are you recommending _not_ creating a package for LMS itself but maybe just the dependencies, like Perl and the openrc scripts? What about the modules?
    No. I was only trying to point out that lms can be kept within one folder.

What I've seen from my limited exposure to Alpine packages are probably the right way to go.

Perhaps multiple packages like back in the CSOS days.

One for the server files, one for the CPAN modules that need to be compiled, and another for the vendor utilities like sox, flac, faad, etc.

The logitechmediaserver srpm files are available here. Just to see the break down.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.