Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,513
    Just to be clear, you are using this image from this post. https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post944664

    please show me output from "uname -a"

    then

    cat /lib/modules/4.19.80-pcpCore/modules.dep | grep 8188
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Just to be clear, you are using this image from this post. https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post944664

    please show me output from "uname -a"

    then

    cat /lib/modules/4.19.80-pcpCore/modules.dep | grep 8188
    Ah, ok. That's where we got confused!!

    I am currently running the latest from the download site:

    https://repo.picoreplayer.org/insitu...layer5.0.0.zip

    Sorry I had you confused. I was not aware of a beta! I like Betas!

    I'll reimage with the beta and try again.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    114
    Hey look at that, I have a wifi MAC now

    Thanks a lot Paul, this works!

    I get the player to play in WiFi with that dongle, which is a good thing as it is a dongle with an external antenna connector, so I'll be able to hide the pi inside a set of speaker with just the antenna poking out.

    Thanks again for all the trouble.
    Last edited by Marsupial; 2019-12-26 at 15:42.

  4. #24
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    Hey look at that, I have a wifi MAC now

    Thanks a lot Paul, this works!

    I get the player to play in WiFi with that dongle, which is a good thing as it is a dongle with an external antenna connector, so I'll be able to hide the pi inside a set of speaker with just the antenna poking out.

    Thanks again for all the trouble.
    Sorry, these manual things are a pain for the users, but extremely helpful for me. Can you attach a link for the product. Also, I know this is not the first request for this, and you were nice enough to confirm it working, I should be able to include this in future releases......
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    114
    Sure! It's the least I can do.

    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/150M-USB-WiF...Y/333321135306

    Thanks a lot for helping out.
    Last edited by Marsupial; 2019-12-26 at 18:29.

  6. #26
    Senior Member M-H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    154

    possible support for RTL8188FTV

    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Sorry, these manual things are a pain for the users, but extremely helpful for me. Can you attach a link for the product. Also, I know this is not the first request for this, and you were nice enough to confirm it working, I should be able to include this in future releases......
    Hi, I think I got the same adapter, and found it is was not yet supported in PCP.
    Knowing the PCP core crew has more on their hands than support for 3 dollar hardware, I decided to put it aside and order a known supported chipset adapter.
    But now the device might work anyway in PCP, I will see if I can confirm it is usable, and share knowledge for future requests.

    The link where I got t from : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305...27424c4d54G7iI
    And te chipset is a RTL8188FTV ( according to a working win7 install and testsession )
    I saw this driverset is called rtl8188fu although that is not a name for a realtek chip.

    Am I right ; the support would be on the pCP 6.0.0-b7 only ? but both 32 AND 64 bits ?
    What exact tests would help for PCP ?

    lets see if I can get it working on a few pi's.

    Regards M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

  7. #27
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    I saw this driverset is called rtl8188fu although that is not a name for a realtek chip.

    Am I right ; the support would be on the pCP 6.0.0-b7 only ? but both 32 AND 64 bits ?
    What exact tests would help for PCP ?

    lets see if I can get it working on a few pi's.

    Regards M-H
    I only built the drivers for kernel 4.19.80 (armv6) (Which is the pCP 6.0.0) If you can test on that platform, I can build the full driver set for pCP6

    There are some odd RPi4 kernel firmware things still going on, so that is the main reason why 6.0.0 is still in Beta. I know as soon as I make it official, RPi will make a major change/improvement.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  8. #28
    Senior Member M-H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    154

    support for RTL8188FTV

    Hi,

    I got the drivers working with my RTL8188FTV based adapter and pcp 6.0.0B7 But onlu on a Pi zero 1.2 and 1.3
    At this moment I can not free up the B+ and anything else has no armv6 or has onboard wifi to mess with a test.

    Would you be able to create an armv7 version too ?
    Or direct me how I can test the external wifi on a zero-W for that final test ?

    Regards M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

  9. #29
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,513
    What spare pis do you have?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  10. #30
    Senior Member M-H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    154
    2B, 3B , 3B+, 4B
    And the for-mentioned zero's 1.2.1.3 and W
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •