Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    No. 2nd item in playlist "Classical at the movies" under Genres/Classical. Also on Hifi Trial so no access to MQA.

Attachment 36968
    @bpa, I played this track in persistent with a receiver synced with a touch. No issues. I then turned persistent to "normal", restarted LMS, and played the track again, and again it was fine.

I think you are right that we experienced different abnormalities. Sorry I could not be of any help replicating yours. Regarding mine, I think I will leave my streaming in "normal" and see if I experience mine on a specific song/album/sitation, see if I can replicate it, then switch to persistent and see if it resolves.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    @bpa, I played this track in persistent with a receiver synced with a touch. No issues. I then turned persistent to "normal", restarted LMS, and played the track again, and again it was fine.

I think you are right that we experienced different abnormalities. Sorry I could not be of any help replicating yours. Regarding mine, I think I will leave my streaming in "normal" and see if I experience mine on a specific song/album/sitation, see if I can replicate it, then switch to persistent and see if it resolves.
    Yes. The problem I had would happen with the CORE32 based LMS (i.e. NXP i.MX6 900MHz ARM processor, 1Gb? memory, custom RTOS PolyCORE) but not an Ubuntu LMS (i.e. iCore7 processor, 16Gb RAM). So I think memory allocated to network buffering is part of my issue.
    Last edited by bpa; 2022-01-21 at 14:15.

Persistent mode did not solve my stuttering problem, Tidal on a receiver (plays on a touch fine). Doesn't happen that frequently, maybe 10% of the time.

Back to the transcode on LMS, can we revisit which settings to alter?...

...or, I can just live with it, skipping to the next selection or a different album usually resolves it.

Jim