Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unable to add Squeezelite Player to mysqueezebox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I have LMS and a Squeezelite client on a raspberry pi

If I access from another computer the player and LMS have the same IP address.

If I access through the Chromium browser on the raspberry pi at 127.0.0.1:9000 or http://localhost:9000

Then the server and player IP address is still the same.

ronnie
    I also have a Squeezelite instance running on raspberry pi3.
    The player is recognized normally by LMS (vers 7.9.2) running on another raspberry in my LAN.
    I go to the "mysqueezebox.com" tab in LMS, I enter my email and password and click on the apply button.
    This used to work, but it does not seem to work anymore.
    The Squeezelite player, which is correctly shown in the Player LMS tab, dies NOT get added to "my plyers" list in mysqueezebox.com.
    has anything changed? Or am I doing anything wrong?
    Thanks to anybody who could help me understand.
    Franz

Quote Originally Posted by franz159 View Post
    I also have a Squeezelite instance running on raspberry pi3.
    The player is recognized normally by LMS (vers 7.9.2) running on another raspberry in my LAN.
    I go to the "mysqueezebox.com" tab in LMS, I enter my email and password and click on the apply button.
    This used to work, but it does not seem to work anymore.
    The Squeezelite player, which is correctly shown in the Player LMS tab, dies NOT get added to "my plyers" list in mysqueezebox.com.
    has anything changed? Or am I doing anything wrong?
    Thanks to anybody who could help me understand.
    Franz
    Using the LMS webgui, under "Extras", you should see "Music Source". If you click on it you should be offered the option to connect to all available servers including mysqueezebox.com.

Name:  extras01.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  12.5 KB

Name:  extras02.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  11.8 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Using the LMS webgui, under "Extras", you should see "Music Source". If you click on it you should be offered the option to connect to all available servers including mysqueezebox.com.

Name:  extras01.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  12.5 KB

Name:  extras02.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  11.8 KB
    You made my day!
    THANKS!

Sorry it's been a while I know it's been crazy here with kids work and lockdown and this has not been my top priority.

I think I've started to understand a bit more about the issues I'm having but first I'll describe my setup a bit.

I bought a second hand Liv Zen, it was quite an expensive product in its day but is basically a glorified vortexbox in a nice case. The company that made them is now called Innuos and their products sell for thousands so they're not cowboys.

Anyway it's never registered with mysqueezebox using my email, it worked for a while with the previous owner's email but when I realised it was someone else's account I created my own on the website and edited the settings on the box. I don't think it's ever registered on the server though as it never appears on the "my players" list, unlike a raspberry pi I later bought and installed Picoreplayer on.

This doesn't seem to be a problem with Qobuz and playing local filled bit I can't get Tidal to appear in my apps. It seems to require the player to be recognised in my players before it will work. Having said that a few months ago it did work but it later disappeared out of my apps for some reason and never appeared again.

I did some research and it appears there are some known issues with Vortexbox players and cloned Mac addresses but I'm not technical enough to know what this means or how to check if mine is one of these.

I saw the above post about going to mysqueezebox in the music source option I tried this and my Squeezer app on my phone then said "no players found" and I had to reboot so that certainly didn't help. Nor did my player appear in the my players page on mysqueezebox.

How do I add a second hand playerto my Squeezebox account?

Please see my previous posting: I'm confused by what you write.
    References to a web page I have no clue where they come from etc.
    --

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Please see my previous posting: I'm confused by what you write.
    References to a web page I have no clue where they come from etc.
    --

Michael
    Sorry I'm not very tech savvy so maybe I've not explained myself very well. I go into the "web interface" of my Zen (to me anything that I see in a web browser like Chrome is the web but it may not technically be so as I do understand I'm viewing something on my local network with an IP address) which I think is a Vortexbox page, and one of the options in there is called Squeezbox server, this takes me to the LMS "web page" (as above but ending in :9000).

In here I go to settings on the bottom right and it takes me to the LMS settings page. One of these is mysqueezebox.com and in there I can see I'm apparently logged into a valid mysqueezebox account.

Going into the plugins tab takes me to the actual mysqueezebox web site where I am logged in with the same details as LMS and I can see my Tidal account, but there are no players registered. No matter how many times I reboot, log out and log in on the player and the mysqueezebox webpage, in all possible sequences, mysqueezebox will not pick up the Zen. I've been trying for over a year with no luck. It picks up my RPi Squeezelite fine.

Anyway it's never registered with mysqueezebox using my email, it worked for a while with the previous owner's email but when I realised it was someone else's account I created my own on the website and edited the settings on the box.

Did you ever ask the previous owner to delete the device from their mysqueezebox account ?

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Anyway it's never registered with mysqueezebox using my email, it worked for a while with the previous owner's email but when I realised it was someone else's account I created my own on the website and edited the settings on the box.

Did you ever ask the previous owner to delete the device from their mysqueezebox account ?

ronnie
    Or is it because the Zen isn't an original Squeezebox hardware player?

Does the Zen have the right to connect to and use mysqueezebox.com services?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

How do I add a second hand playerto my Squeezebox account?

> Does the Zen have the right to connect to and use mysqueezebox.com
    > services?

Technically Zen just another squeezelite client, like pCP and any other.
    Is it still registered to the previous owner? You could PM me the unit's
    MAC address and I could check the database.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Or is it because the Zen isn't an original Squeezebox hardware player?

Does the Zen have the right to connect to and use mysqueezebox.com services?

Yes, software players are allowed, especially if running Tidal which uses mysqueezebox.com for registration.

I think part of the problem is that Zen / Vortexbox support appears to be neglected by Innuos.

ronnie

As an aside, IMHO I'm seeing a few cases of hardware manufacturers riding the open source software horse but negelecting the support side of things...........just saying