Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Well I just cant seem to get this done.

I uninstalled and started a fresh compilation. Not being sure of how change the permissions for user "ronnie" I googled a bit and ended up with "sudo chown -R ronnie /opt"
    That changed /opt from root to ronnie. Groups was still root so I changed that to sudo (don't know if that was the corrrect thing to do).
    Anyway the build went ahead as user and completed in /opt
    Then I did

Code:
    wget https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/C/CH/CHRISN/Net-SSLeay-1.88.tar.gz
    tar xf Net-SSLeay-1.88.tar.gz && cd Net-SSLeay-1.88
    /opt/perl-5.26.3-LMS/bin/perl5.26.3 Makefile.PL
    make install
    and 
     wget https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SU/SULLR/IO-Socket-SSL-2.066.tar.gz
    tar xf IO-Socket-SSL-2.066.tar.gz && cd IO-Socket-SSL-2.066
    /opt/perl-5.26.3-LMS/bin/perl5.26.3 Makefile.PL
    make install
    Seemed to go OK apart from
    Code:
    ronnie@shuttle:~$ wget https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/C/CH/CHRISN/Net-SSLe                                                                                                             ay-1.88.tar.gz
    --2019-12-28 23:25:47--  https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/C/CH/CHRISN/Net-SS                                                                                                             Leay-1.88.tar.gz
    Resolving cpan.metacpan.org (cpan.metacpan.org)... 151.101.2.217, 151.101.66.217                                                                                                             , 151.101.130.217, ...
    Connecting to cpan.metacpan.org (cpan.metacpan.org)|151.101.2.217|:443... connec                                                                                                             ted.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 436215 (426K) [application/x-gzip]
    Saving to: ‘Net-SSLeay-1.88.tar.gz’

Net-SSLeay-1.88.tar 100%[===================>] 425.99K  2.24MB/s    in 0.2s

2019-12-28 23:25:47 (2.24 MB/s) - ‘Net-SSLeay-1.88.tar.gz’ saved [436215/436215]

ronnie@shuttle:~$ tar xf Net-SSLeay-1.88.tar.gz && cd Net-SSLeay-1.88
    ronnie@shuttle:~/Net-SSLeay-1.88$ /opt/perl-5.26.3-LMS/bin/perl5.26.3 Makefile.P                                                                                                             L
    Do you want to run external tests?
    These tests *will* *fail* if you do not have network connectivity. [n] n
    *** Found OpenSSL-1.1.1d installed in /usr
    *** Be sure to use the same compiler and options to compile your OpenSSL, perl,
        and Net::SSLeay. Mixing and matching compilers is not supported.
    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Generating a Unix-style Makefile
    Writing Makefile for Net::SSLeay
    Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
    ronnie@shuttle:~/Net-SSLeay-1.88$
    ronnie@shuttle:~/Net-SSLeay-1.88$ cd
    ronnie@shuttle:~$
    ronnie@shuttle:~$ wget https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SU/SULLR/IO-Socket-SSL-2.066.tar.gz
    --2019-12-28 23:35:20--  https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SU/SULLR/IO-Socket-SSL-2.066.tar.gz
    Resolving cpan.metacpan.org (cpan.metacpan.org)... 151.101.2.217, 151.101.66.217, 151.101.130.217, ...
    Connecting to cpan.metacpan.org (cpan.metacpan.org)|151.101.2.217|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 244730 (239K) [application/x-gzip]
    Saving to: ‘IO-Socket-SSL-2.066.tar.gz’

IO-Socket-SSL-2.066.tar.gz                      100%[====================================================================================================>] 238.99K  --.-KB/s    in 0.06s

2019-12-28 23:35:20 (3.73 MB/s) - ‘IO-Socket-SSL-2.066.tar.gz’ saved [244730/244730]

ronnie@shuttle:~$ tar xf IO-Socket-SSL-2.066.tar.gz && cd IO-Socket-SSL-2.066
    ronnie@shuttle:~/IO-Socket-SSL-2.066$ /opt/perl-5.26.3-LMS/bin/perl5.26.3 Makefile.PL

WARNING
    No library for handling international domain names found.
    It will work but croak if you try to verify an international name against
    a certificate.
    It's recommended to install either Net::IDN::Encode, Net::LibIDN or URI version>=1.50

Should I do external tests?
    These test will detect if there are network problems and fail soft,
    so please disable them only if you definitely don't want to have any
    network traffic to external sites.  [Y/n] n
    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Warning: prerequisite Mozilla::CA 0 not found. 
    Warning: prerequisite Net::SSLeay 1.46 not found.
    Generating a Unix-style Makefile
    Writing Makefile for IO::Socket::SSL
    Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
    ronnie@shuttle:~/IO-Socket-SSL-2.066$
    Anyway I installed LMS, rebooted, changed the text in the Squeezeboxserver and squeezeboxserver-scanner files and rebooted again.
    LMS runs but I can not access it through the web gui.

I'm getting ready to leave this soon. It takes way too much time to make it worthwhile. I've learnt quite a bit but the end result is just evading me through lack of knowledge.

Time for bed.

Nighty..night.

I tried finding Net-SSLeay-1.46, but no joy (I think it should not be required anyway, but that must mean that Net-SSLeay-1.88 is not discovered).

Code:
    Last login: Sat Dec 28 23:22:50 2019 from 192.168.1.11
    ronnie@shuttle:~$ wget https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/C/CH/CHRISN/Net-SSLeay-1.46.tar.gz
    --2019-12-28 23:39:43--  https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/C/CH/CHRISN/Net-SSLeay-1.46.tar.gz
    Resolving cpan.metacpan.org (cpan.metacpan.org)... 151.101.2.217, 151.101.66.217, 151.101.130.217, ...
    Connecting to cpan.metacpan.org (cpan.metacpan.org)|151.101.2.217|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2019-12-28 23:39:43 ERROR 404: Not Found.

ronnie@shuttle:~$ sudo apt install Net-SSLeay-1.46
    [sudo] password for ronnie:
    Sorry, try again.
    [sudo] password for ronnie:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package Net-SSLeay-1.46
    E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'Net-SSLeay-1.46'
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'Net-SSLeay-1.46'

Sorry about the long post

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Not being sure of how change the permissions for user "ronnie" I googled a bit and ended up with "sudo chown -R ronnie /opt"
    That changed /opt from root to ronnie. Groups was still root so I changed that to sudo (don't know if that was the corrrect thing to do).
    sudo mkdir /opt/perl-5.26.3
    sudo chown ronnie /opt/perl-5.26.3
    (build / install everything)
    sudo chown -R root:root /opt/perl-5.26.3

Code:
    ronnie@shuttle:~$ wget https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/C/CH/CHRISN/Net-SSLe                                                                                                             ay-1.88.tar.gz
    ronnie@shuttle:~$ tar xf Net-SSLeay-1.88.tar.gz && cd Net-SSLeay-1.88
    ronnie@shuttle:~/Net-SSLeay-1.88$ /opt/perl-5.26.3-LMS/bin/perl5.26.3 Makefile.P                                                                                                             L
    Did you actually run make install? It's missing from the log above, and would explain:
    Code:
    Warning: prerequisite Net::SSLeay 1.46 not found.
    Anyway I installed LMS, rebooted, changed the text in the Squeezeboxserver and squeezeboxserver-scanner files and rebooted again.
    LMS runs but I can not access it through the web gui.
    Check the LMS server logs.

I tried finding Net-SSLeay-1.46, but no joy (I think it should not be required anyway, but that must mean that Net-SSLeay-1.88 is not discovered).
    Yes, and installing a deb package to the system wouldn't work anyway, as the perl in /opt won't use them
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Hi Roland

Thanks for the permissions instructions

Did you actually run make install? It's missing from the log above, and would explain:

Yes I did, see the first quote in my post # 41

Check the LMS server logs.
    No, I didi not bother last night, too tired.

Just tried again and the web gui says as before

Unable to connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.28:9000.
    and the log gives the usual

2019-12-28 22:52:39 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
    2019-12-28 22:52:44 Logitech Media Server died. Restarting.
    2019-12-28 22:52:49 Logitech Media Server died. Restarting.
    2019-12-28 22:52:54 Logitech Media Server died. Restarting.
    2019-12-28 22:52:59 Logitech Media Server died. Restarting.
    Could this also be a permissions thing. I always install LMS as a user

I'll do a clean and restart when I have time later in the week, again, thanks for your help

ronnie

Yes I did, see the first quote in my post # 41
    I saw that, but it was missing in the second code block, which I thought was odd

and the log gives the usual
    I meant the LMS server log (usually at /var/log/logitechmediaserver/server.log)
    Add --d_startup to the LMS options (in /etc/default/logitechmediaserver), restart, check
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    I saw that, but it was missing in the second code block, which I thought was odd

I meant the LMS server log (usually at /var/log/logitechmediaserver/server.log)
    Add --d_startup to the LMS options (in /etc/default/logitechmediaserver), restart, check
    Hi Roland0

The quote is from

the LMS server log (usually at /var/log/logitechmediaserver/server.log)
    I'll add your suggestion when I get back to the install.

Thanks again

ronnie