Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: JiveLite

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    No the whole SDL keyboard handling is convoluted.

JIVE_KEY* constants need to be added to the JiveKey enumeration in jive.h for the symbols to be recognized. Note that these are NOT the linux kernel keysymbol names which is why they are prefixed with JIVE_

Take a look at how I added presets 7-10 to jivelite.
    There are way too many changes required to explain here. I missed one change that I had to fix in another commit.

It's not a perfect example as I also had to remove the hex constants in the JiveKey enumeration because I had run out of space to add more keys.
    This might answer the other question too, so please don't waste more time until I've looked at your examples

input debugging

One more quick question:

Which applets should be set to debug level logging to see what input events are being received by Jivelite?

BR.

No the whole SDL keyboard handling is convoluted.

JIVE_KEY* constants need to be added to the JiveKey enumeration in jive.h for the symbols to be recognized. Note that these are NOT the linux kernel keysymbol names which is why they are prefixed with JIVE_

Take a look at how I added presets 7-10 to jivelite.
    There are way too many changes required to explain here. I missed one change that I had to fix in another commit.

It's not a perfect example as I also had to remove the hex constants in the JiveKey enumeration because I had run out of space to add more keys.

Thank you very much for the example. May I pm you regarding a test change that I made and compile errors?

BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    Thank you very much for the example. May I pm you regarding a test change that I made and compile errors?

BR.
    yes
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

One more quick question:

Which applets should be set to debug level logging to see what input events are being received by Jivelite?

BR.
    Set jivelite to info and jivelite.ui to debug should be enough.
    Ralphy

yes
    Tried to send, but nothing in sent folder so am a bit unsure. Please let me know if you didn't get it.

BR.

Set jivelite to info and jivelite.ui to debug should be enough.
    Thanks

RESOLVED: IR keymap issues

This was resolved after testing IR commands as keystrokes on Linux terminal. It turns out that the locale setting was causing "KEY_SEMICOLON" to be interpreted as the Norwegian ° character, which was unexepected. I swotched the system locale to en_US and problem is resolved. Sorry for the noise on the thread and thanks again to Ralphy for all his help!

Only remaining question is regarding AutoSkin applet, which is still not switching skin on Up/Down/L/R events.

BR.

This was resolved after testing IR commands as keystrokes on Linux terminal. It turns out that the locale setting was causing "KEY_SEMICOLON" to be interpreted as the Norwegian ° character, which was unexepected. I swotched the system locale to en_US and problem is resolved. Sorry for the noise on the thread and thanks again to Ralphy for all his help!

Only remaining question is regarding AutoSkin applet, which is still not switching skin on Up/Down/L/R events.

BR.
    Great catch on the locale. I wouldn't have thought to check that.

I've never looked at the AutoSkin applet source before today. I only use it to disable the large skin when using the remote on the touch after a factory reset.

AutoSkin only scans IR and Mouse/Touch events to determine which skin to active. As we discussed, jivelite doesn't receive IR events, just keyboard, so you'll likely need to modify the applet to look for keyboard events.
    Ralphy

Great catch on the locale. I wouldn't have thought to check that.

I've never looked at the AutoSkin applet source before today. I only use it to disable the large skin when using the remote on the touch after a factory reset.

AutoSkin only scans IR and Mouse/Touch events to determine which skin to active. As we discussed, jivelite doesn't receive IR events, just keyboard, so you'll likely need to modify the applet to look for keyboard events.
    Thanks again and Happy New Year to you!

Looks like 2021 will be the year I learn to read and code lua