Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: JiveLite

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,690

    JiveLite

    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Yes, you're right, it's been such a long time since I've looked at the squeezeslave code.

    The squeezeslave SB1 text display support was added to LMS and the Rio/Empeg boom display and button support was accomplished with a patch to LMS that created it's own player type empeg using a device id of 13.
    Good news! The current version of LMS 7.9.2 has code to add a player category and even extend SlimProto. I was about to add that but it's already there. So I'll just have to create a catgeory which subclasses squeezeplay player class but with a Boom display class. Pretty cool indeed (Michael did it a few years ago and I missed that), so I already verified that having a "SqueezePlay" device class with a "Boom" display class generates all the display messages
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-01-08 at 01:51.
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,690
    And using a Slim:isplay::Text, I have now a display, with a server-managed UI as well - really easy
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    19
    Hi,

    I was just wondering, all the jivelite skinns are already many years old. Is there somebody working on a skin in material design? It will give the squeeze software a modern and up to date look. Right now it looks quite aged.
    Something like this looks a douzen times better.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dc/9b...d5384936fe.png
    https://www.slant.co/topics/5465/vie...h-music-player
    https://www.slant.co/topics/5465/vie...e-music-player
    https://www.slant.co/topics/5465/vie...s~music-player
    https://material-player.en.uptodown.com/android

    Maybe a few color option or templates can be provided as well?
    I am no coder so that is why i ask this.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    277
    Do you mean like this Material skin?

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Material-Skin

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    19
    prabbit,

    Yes exactly, a modern looking skin. Except that material skin is only on the LMS webinterface.
    We need something similar on the jivelite display.
    Name:  dsc_1669.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  43.4 KB

    Lets be honest, the photo looks so much better than the dated jivelite design. But since we got the material skinn already, its good to stick near that design for a sense of uniformity

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    218

    Best versions of source for new arm64 compilation?

    Hi,

    The wait is finally over! A Pine64 mainline build with mipi-dsi support for the touchscreen is finally available, which means that I can update my system!

    As I'm running into trouble with luajit libraries, compiling against Ralphy's jivelite source from April, and as I see there has been some earlier discussion about the best versions of the libs to compile against, I thought I'd ask for the current advice. Is this still

    https://github.com/ralph-irving/sque.../src/lua-5.1.5 ?

    Currently I'm trying against luajit-2.1 from deb package, which is failing at

    make[2]: Entering directory '/home/mediauser/jivelite-master/lib-src/lua-cjson-2.1.0'
    cc -c -O3 -Wall -pedantic -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include/luajit-2.0 -fpic -o lua_cjson.o lua_cjson.c
    lua_cjson.c:1307:13: error: static declaration of ‘luaL_setfuncs’ follows non-static declaration
    1307 | static void luaL_setfuncs (lua_State *l, const luaL_Reg *reg, int nup)
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from lua_cjson.c:44:
    /usr/local/include/luajit-2.0/lauxlib.h:88:18: note: previous declaration of ‘luaL_setfuncs’ was here
    88 | LUALIB_API void (luaL_setfuncs) (lua_State *L, const luaL_Reg *l, int nup);
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from lua_cjson.c:47:
    fpconv.h:15:20: warning: inline function ‘fpconv_init’ declared but never defined
    15 | extern inline void fpconv_init();
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:89: lua_cjson.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/mediauser/jivelite-master/lib-src/lua-cjson-2.1.0'
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:19: ../lib/lua/5.1/cjson.so] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mediauser/jivelite-master/lib-src'
    make: *** [Makefile:14: lib] Error 2

  7. #17
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    Hi,

    The wait is finally over! A Pine64 mainline build with mipi-dsi support for the touchscreen is finally available, which means that I can update my system!

    As I'm running into trouble with luajit libraries, compiling against Ralphy's jivelite source from April, and as I see there has been some earlier discussion about the best versions of the libs to compile against, I thought I'd ask for the current advice. Is this still

    https://github.com/ralph-irving/sque.../src/lua-5.1.5 ?

    Currently I'm trying against luajit-2.1 from deb package, which is failing at
    There's a discussion around using lua 5.1.5 vs luajit in the jivelite for joggler thread. And there are several issues you'll likely run into that we resolved along the way. You also need the patch from this post.

    I've stopped building jivelite with luajit but from your post it looks like you will need to either update all references of luajit-2.0 to use luajit-2.1 in the jivelite sources.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There's a discussion around using lua 5.1.5 vs luajit in the jivelite for joggler thread. And there are several issues you'll likely run into that we resolved along the way. You also need the patch from this post.

    I've stopped building jivelite with luajit but from your post it looks like you will need to either update all references of luajit-2.0 to use luajit-2.1 in the jivelite sources.
    Excellent! Thank you!

    I'll try that.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There's a discussion around using lua 5.1.5 vs luajit in the jivelite for joggler thread. And there are several issues you'll likely run into that we resolved along the way. You also need the patch from this post.

    I've stopped building jivelite with luajit but from your post it looks like you will need to either update all references of luajit-2.0 to use luajit-2.1 in the jivelite sources.
    One snag.

    I followed the build instructions here:

    svn-downloaded your version of lua, patched and installed in /opt/jivelite
    tested running

    downloaded jivelite from https://github.com/ralph-irving/jivelite.git

    patched using jivelite-lua-5.1.patch from the other thread, then the scripts/remove-ffi.patch
    both applied successfully.
    Did NOT apply the bundled jivelite-lua-5.1.patch or SDL-1.2.15.patch (I have sdl 1.2.15 and sdl2 2.0.10)

    make PREFIX=/opt/jivelite runs for a bit, but then fails looking for lua at


    Code:
    cd src; PREFIX=/opt/jivelite make
    make[1]: Entering directory '/home/mediauser/jivelite/src'
    cc platform_linux.o jive.o jive_event.o jive_font.o jive_group.o jive_icon.o jive_label.o jive_menu.o jive_slider.o jive_style.o jive_surface.o jive_textarea.o jive_textinput.o jive_utils.o jive_widget.o jive_window.o jive_framework.o log.o system.o jive_dns.o jive_debug.o resize.o visualizer/visualizer.o visualizer/spectrum.o visualizer/vumeter.o visualizer/kiss_fft.o -lrt -lSDL -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_image -lSDL_gfx -llua -lm -lpthread -o ../bin/jivelite
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llua
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:20: ../bin/jivelite] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mediauser/jivelite/src'
    make: *** [Makefile:9: srcs] Error 2

    lua is at /opt/jivelite/bin/lua
    Any idea where I can correct this?

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    ...
    make PREFIX=/opt/jivelite runs for a bit, but then fails looking for lua at


    Code:
    cd src; PREFIX=/opt/jivelite make
    make[1]: Entering directory '/home/mediauser/jivelite/src'
    cc platform_linux.o jive.o jive_event.o jive_font.o jive_group.o jive_icon.o jive_label.o jive_menu.o jive_slider.o jive_style.o jive_surface.o jive_textarea.o jive_textinput.o jive_utils.o jive_widget.o jive_window.o jive_framework.o log.o system.o jive_dns.o jive_debug.o resize.o visualizer/visualizer.o visualizer/spectrum.o visualizer/vumeter.o visualizer/kiss_fft.o -lrt -lSDL -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_image -lSDL_gfx -llua -lm -lpthread -o ../bin/jivelite
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llua
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:20: ../bin/jivelite] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mediauser/jivelite/src'
    make: *** [Makefile:9: srcs] Error 2
    lua is at /opt/jivelite/bin/lua
    A bit more info.

    I tried diagnosing LD_LIBRARY_PATH and ld. Here's what I got:

    echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH returns blank, BUT ld does look in the usual places, so


    # ld -llua --verbose
    Code:
    ld: mode aarch64linux
    attempt to open /usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/liblua.so failed
    attempt to open /usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/liblua.a failed
    attempt to open /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/liblua.so failed
    attempt to open /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/liblua.a failed
    attempt to open /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/liblua.so failed
    attempt to open /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/liblua.a failed
    attempt to open /usr/local/lib/liblua.so failed
    attempt to open /usr/local/lib/liblua.a failed
    attempt to open /lib/liblua.so failed
    attempt to open /lib/liblua.a failed
    attempt to open /usr/lib/liblua.so failed
    attempt to open /usr/lib/liblua.a failed
    attempt to open /usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/liblua.so failed
    attempt to open /usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib/liblua.a failed

    The output remains the same, even if I do a

    # LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/jivelite/lib/" ld -llua --verbose | less

    ...
    ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •