X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Originally posted by mherger

Oh well... many didn't miss it .
    Does squeezelite support it? I’ve not modified that part much so I’m wondering.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• slartibartfast
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by philippe_44

Does squeezelite support it? I’ve not modified that part much so I’m wondering.
      It seems Squeezelite doesn't support it. Babbling Brook plays for 9 seconds then stops.
      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
      Bedroom: Radio
      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• ralphy
        • Jan 2006

No. It's only supported in the jive based players.
        Last edited by ralphy; 2023-06-06, 13:31.
        Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
        Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Comment

• mherger
          Babelfish's Best Boy
          • Apr 2005

Haha... I never noticed this. Which is little surprising as I'm not really using the Sounds plugin. But I was testing as I applied a bunch of changes. I usually test with a Squeezeplay on my computer. So this worked. But a pCP didn't play either. So let's not worry about this too much.

OTOH I wonder whether the inability to loop locally (on device) leads to people using repeat mode, downloading the file over and over again, every few seconds. That could be the reason for the surprisingly high usage number of those files...
          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
          (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• philippe_44
            • May 2008

Originally posted by mherger
            Haha... I never noticed this. Which is little surprising as I'm not really using the Sounds plugin. But I was testing as I applied a bunch of changes. I usually test with a Squeezeplay on my computer. So this worked. But a pCP didn't play either. So let's not worry about this too much.

OTOH I wonder whether the inability to loop locally (on device) leads to people using repeat mode, downloading the file over and over again, every few seconds. That could be the reason for the surprisingly high usage number of those files...
            If I can find some time, I'll have a look why this is not implemented in squeezelite.
            LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• yeomanspc
              • Apr 2005

My SqueezeAmp has been playing up and losing connectivity. I have changed power supply and no joy. When I used to power up, the green LED would flash. Now when I power it up, it just comes straight on solid green immediately and does not change. No sign of it on the network, or going into setup mode. Ideas please?

Edit - trying a third power supply seems to have kick-started it back.
              I note on the LMS status page that it reports the power voltage as 8.03v, even though it has a 12v PSU on it. Is that correct?
              Would it make sense to perhaps run it from a 15v PSU (or even 18v?)
              Appreciate this might give heat issues - is there a benefit to higher voltages?
              Last edited by yeomanspc; 2023-07-03, 18:04.
              3 of every player ever sold back to SLIMP3 (missed Booms)

Comment

• CJS
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by yeomanspc
                I note on the LMS status page that it reports the power voltage as 8.03v, even though it has a 12v PSU on it. Is that correct?
                The voltage reported to LMS is the battery voltage, NOT the voltage supplied by your PSU. If you do not have batteries connected to your SqueezeAMP, then this voltage does not mean much. Two Li-ion batteries in series give a voltage of circa 8.4V when fully charged. So the voltage that is reported is probably close to the voltage to which the batteries are charged when they would be present.
                Last edited by CJS; 2023-07-03, 19:46.
                | LMS 8.5.1 on Linux Mint 21.3 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | ESP Muse Luxe |

Comment

• Adjunkten
                  • Jul 2009

Hello Squeezeamp experts, I could use a little help.

I have had my squeeze-stuff stored away for a year and now I am trying to get things back up.

I have a Squeezeamp with fw: SqueezeAmp.16.725.master-cmake, mode: SqueezeAMP.

I can't figure out how to update or reset it - and it won't connect to wifi or lms.

When I try to flash new firmware I get: "Unexpected error while trying to restart to recovery. (status=0, error= )"

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Setup: Living room: 1 Raspberry Pi 2 with Max2Play as server and Squeezelite (Hifiberry), Kitchen: 1 Radio, Room: 1 Boom
                  Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1594451286 @ Sat Jul 11 09:20:48 CEST 2020
                  http://www.last.fm/user/adjunkten | http://www.lektoren.dk

Comment

• CJS
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Adjunkten
                    I can't figure out how to update or reset it - and it won't connect to wifi or lms.
                    When I try to flash new firmware I get: "Unexpected error while trying to restart to recovery. (status=0, error= )"
                    The error message suggests that you can still access the Squeeze-ESP32 web interface. How do you do that when your SqueezeAMP won't connect to wifi? Maybe I misunderstood.

Anyway, assuming that you can still access the web interface of your SqueezeAMP, there are several options:
                    1) In the web interface, go the Updates tab and click on the Recovery button. Squeeze-ESP32 will then reboot into recovery mode. Now try to update again. Latest released firmware for your SqueezeAMP is 2.1306-16 from the master v4.3 branch
                    2) If OTA (over the air) Update does not work, download the appropriate firmware for your squeezeamp (squeezelite-esp32-master-v4.3-SqueezeAmp-16-21306.bin) from Releases · sle118/squeezelite-esp32 (github.com)​. Using the 16-bits firmware version is recommended. After download, from the Updates tab select to update the firmware from Local File. Then browse to the downloaded bin file, and hit Upload.

EDIT: After a firmware update it may happen that your SqueezeAmp boots into Recovery Mode, and then it will not connect to LMS. If this happens, open the web interface and hit the Reboot button.
                    Last edited by CJS; 2023-07-06, 15:15.
                    | LMS 8.5.1 on Linux Mint 21.3 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | ESP Muse Luxe |

Comment

• Adjunkten
                      • Jul 2009

Thanks a lot for your help, CJS.

I got a little further: The amp is wifi connected and I can play some music now, but there is a lot of lagging. I can.t update the firmware either way you describe ...

I see this message in the status logs:
                      06.07.2023 19.39 Application partition ota_0 sub type 16 is selected for boot
                      06.07.2023 19.39 Reboot failed. Cannot iterate through partitions

What should I try ?

Thanks,

Lars

P.S : When I playback at 30%, there is no lagging, but when I turn up the volume to 50% there is heavy lagging.. strange.

Last edited by Adjunkten; 2023-07-06, 18:50.
                      Setup: Living room: 1 Raspberry Pi 2 with Max2Play as server and Squeezelite (Hifiberry), Kitchen: 1 Radio, Room: 1 Boom
                      Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1594451286 @ Sat Jul 11 09:20:48 CEST 2020

Comment

• CJS
                        • Dec 2018

Adjunkten, looking at the error messages that you get, I am afraid that one or more of your firmware partitions are damaged.
                        From the web interface you can only update the squeezelite part of the firmware. If there is something wrong with other firmware partitions (including boot-loader, partition table and recovery partition), you need to reflash all firmware partitions.

If you want to do that, you need an USB to serial adapter board. With such a board, you can reflash the full firmware using a software flash tool that can be downloaded from the Espressif website. An adapter board that does the job is a board with FTDI FT232RL chip. About 3 years ago I bought such a board including jumper wires for less than 10 euro. Prices might be a little higher now.

For more info about how to do a full reflash using this adapter board see this topic.

Comment

• Adjunkten
                          • Jul 2009

OK, thanks for the info and link.

Comment

• sle118
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Adjunkten
                            OK, thanks for the info and link.
                            The jump is worth the hassle, as the newer recovery now allows uploading binaries from the browser and is also more robust in general. Not sure why your partition seems to be hosed, though, as I've never seen this before.
                            LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
                            6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

• Grumpy Bob
                              • Dec 2010

I flashed the latest 16-bit SqueezeAMP image to my squeezeAMP this morning. I can see it is broadcasting the squeezeAMP SSID, but I cannot log in with the password 'squeezelite'. Any suggestions?

Robert
                              Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
                              Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
                              2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
                              Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
                              Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Comment

• sle118
                                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Grumpy Bob
                                I flashed the latest 16-bit SqueezeAMP image to my squeezeAMP this morning. I can see it is broadcasting the squeezeAMP SSID, but I cannot log in with the password 'squeezelite'. Any suggestions?

Robert
                                do you have a serial adapter?
                                LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
                                6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

Working...