Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
    btw I can really recommend the Tivoo Max. Sound quality is amazing. Here in .ch it sells for ~90 USD equivalent. 8h battery life.
    -----------------------------------------------
    1 x Touch, 2 x Radio, 1 x squeezeAMP, 6 x squeezeESP32, 1 x ESP32-A1S, LMS 8.0.0

Latest addition to the family

Name:  Scarlet.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  52.6 KB

The labelling may not be entirely accurate anymore.

Thanks for SqueezeEsp32 - another successful implementation

Hi Philippe and team, just checking in to say thanks for the amazing SqueezeEsp32. I got a breadboard system running yesterday and it's very exciting!

I can't make a good case for why I didn't order a SqueezeAmp - it would have been a much more sensible choice - but, maybe because I have too much time on my hands, and the challenge of learning how to put it together, and the fact you were between manufacturing batches when I got interested. Instead I have built around a bare ESP32-WROVER-B, currently in one of those burning fixture breakout boards, and an I2S 2x30W amp from Sure Electronics / WONDOM (catchily named AA-AB32255). It seems a pretty nice board anyway, I think it's based on the same TAS5754 DAC/Amp as SqueezeAmp. I've added a display, an IR remote and a rotary encoder and it's all working nicely so far. Thanks again, the software concept works beautifully, with all the NVS config options making it easy to mix and match components.

I started putting it together mainly in consultation of the README on Github, so here are a few comments on some things that I found challenging, though I probably would have known right away if I had fully read back through this forum; these maybe worth an extra note in the README.
    • At first I didn't realise there are firmware binaries to download in Releases. I thought I had to build from source and spent a while trying to get the Docker build to run cleanly. Didn't succeed, realised I must be getting this wrong, spotted a forum note saying "Look in the Releases you chump", and realised it was beautifully simple.
    • I didn't spot that I needed to install the ESP32 plugin in LMS to get the display working properly. I know it's been added to the sticky post at the top of this thread, but not sure if it's mentioned prominently in the README.
    • I needed the display to be turned upside-down just because of the way the cables are arranged. Tried HFlip, text turned backwards. Tried VFlip, text turned backwards (differently backwards, but I didn't recognise that). Finally twigged that I could specify VFlip and HFlip and it rotated the text through 180, which is exactly what I wanted.
    • I've been affected by the problem reported earlier in the thread, that you can't easily change to a different WLAN after the initial setup. I only read this thread in full last night and I haven't retried since that, so I don't know if the workaround would have been successful.

None of that detracts from a great product, so congratulations folks. Now I move on to designing a small PCB to accommodate the ESP and peripherals, and an enclosure. Looking forward to it.

Rob

Name:  breadboard-setup.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  254.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by robjordan View Post
    None of that detracts from a great product, so congratulations folks. Now I move on to designing a small PCB to accommodate the ESP and peripherals, and an enclosure. Looking forward to it.

Rob
    Building from scratch definitely is the best way to get a deeper understanding of the platform, so congrats on your build.

Note: you can try flashing the "bleeding edge" firmware and see if the WLAN issue goes away. That branch is eventually going to be merged as the main branch and has some bug fixes implementation in the UI. Plus, it has a new upcoming feature : the system tab which exposes some config commands as HTTP forms.

On a side note: check Philippe's board design. It can be populated with power, bare esp32 and from there you can keep adding stuff like a charger, analog amplification, etc. Philippe sells the boards at cost, which is a great option to have a quick multi room option.

Sébastien
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    There is one thing I would really like to get from the t’as which the possibility to use the adc_in and put the adc_out in high impédance so that the jack can be a line-in as well.Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    This chip confuses me, although I'm probably missing something.

The I2S DAC portion has single-ended outputs, yet the class d amp portion has differential inputs/outputs. According to the datasheet, in stereo BTL, you connect DAC_OUTA to SPK_INA+ and DAC_OUTB to SPK_INB+. SPK_INA- and SPK_INB- are to be grounded. This would lead me to believe that SPK_OUTA+ and SPK_OUTB+ would vary with a DC offset of 1/2 PVDD, and SPK_OUTA- and SPK_OUTB- would sit at 1/2 PVDD.

However, the SqueezeAmp's SPK_OUTA- and SPK_OUTB- voltages appear the be the inverted voltages of SPK_OUTA+ and SPK_OUTB+.

How is this accomplished?

Mike

Banana plugs

Is there a banana plug(or similar) that will fit the speaker connections? Where would I buy that? Thanks

will this work ? https://www.amazon.ca/CERRXIAN-Plate...tronics&sr=1-1
    It has a 2mm connection

EDIT:Tried, too big to fit
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2020-07-10 at 11:36.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

New batch of 50

New batch is on its (shipping) way now
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Woop woop!
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Hope you have me on the list for one of these!

Ordering PCBs using the Gerber files

Hi all,

first of all: This is an excellent project both hardware- and software-wise!

Unfortunately, I missed the group order and am thinking of placing an order at PCBway.

Did any one of you successfully order bare PCBs using the Gerber files provided?
    If yes, can the Gerbers used as-is?

Thank you,

Christoph