Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Just to make sure, have you configured the "Audio + LMS" tab to output SPDIF? This would be done as follow
    1. Navigate to the SqueezeAmp network address using a web browser
    2. Select the Audio + LMS" tab
    3. Select "SPDIF"
    4. Click the "Generate" button
    5. Save
    6. Reboot the SqueezeAmp
    Thanks...that worked! What I had tried was replace I2S in autoexec1 with SPDIF -R. I was missing -Z 192000.

Never understood what the Generate button did, now I do.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mboxler View Post
    Thanks...that worked! What I had tried was replace I2S in autoexec1 with SPDIF -R. I was missing -Z 192000.

Never understood what the Generate button did, now I do.

Mike
    I'm surprised that the -Z 192000 solved the issue. What did not work exactly? The -R option enables resampling capabilities of SqueezeESP32. It can have optional parameters to control how resampling is done. The -Z option is different and is simply the maximum supported sample rate that SqueezeESP32 reports to LMS. Anything above that rate should be downresampled by LMS.

The SPDIF output only supports 44100 and 48000 and so when selecting -o SPDIF, 48000 is by default reported to LMS as the maximum sampling rate. If LMS has a track with a lower sampling rate, it will send it to SqueezeESP32 but if resampling is not enabled, it will fail. If a track has a higher sampling rate, LMS should resample unless you have an LMS configuration issue. All you do with -Z 192000 is forcing SqueezeESP32 to accept rate up to 192000 and downsample locally.

Hence my question of what did not work before you added -Z 192000
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by denhorst View Post
    @philippe_44

Were you able to do a test?
    For my setup, the encoder would be really great

Regards
    horst
    I did not hear back from you so I thought problem was solved
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I'm surprised that the -Z 192000 solved the issue. What did not work exactly? The -R option enables resampling capabilities of SqueezeESP32. It can have optional parameters to control how resampling is done. The -Z option is different and is simply the maximum supported sample rate that SqueezeESP32 reports to LMS. Anything above that rate should be downresampled by LMS.

The SPDIF output only supports 44100 and 48000 and so when selecting -o SPDIF, 48000 is by default reported to LMS as the maximum sampling rate. If LMS has a track with a lower sampling rate, it will send it to SqueezeESP32 but if resampling is not enabled, it will fail. If a track has a higher sampling rate, LMS should resample unless you have an LMS configuration issue. All you do with -Z 192000 is forcing SqueezeESP32 to accept rate up to 192000 and downsample locally.

Hence my question of what did not work before you added -Z 192000
    I later researched the -Z option and agree that should not have solved my problem. Manually replacing I2S with SPDIF -R (using autoexec1), the red Toslink LED would turn off seconds after power up. After using Generate, the LED stayed on. I know, it doesn't make sense to me either. I'll play around with it and see if I can recreate the problem.

Mike

I did not hear back from you so I thought problem was solved
    I tired again and rotary encoder works well AFAIC. Using Vcc, GND and IO 0,22,23 (eg)

Well, I could not duplicate the issue. I did, however, manage to "soft brick" the SqueezeAmp while trying (no longer in modem device table, no AP broadcast).
    Fortunately, I had purchased a USB - TTL serial adapter when I first ordered the amp, and was able to re-flash the device.

Sorry everyone. The only thing I can think of is that I may have accidentally deleted the -o when I replaced I2S with SPDIF.

Mike

Sdt

Is there any way to make SuperDateTime use also the lower half of a 64 px high OLED screen on Squeezelite-esp32?

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Is there any way to make SuperDateTime use also the lower half of a 64 px high OLED screen on Squeezelite-esp32?
    No because SDT uses LMS to handle display and LMS only knows display height of 32 pixels. And I don’t see how a virtual 2 displays would work

No because SDT uses LMS to handle display and LMS only knows display height of 32 pixels. And I don’t see how a virtual 2 displays would work
    Ah, oh, alright, thanks for the response.

And I don’t see how a virtual 2 displays would work
    Is there perhaps something in how the dual-screen Transporter is driven that could help?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland