Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by r.ludwig View Post
    I would be interested, what are the differences/improvements from the first batch?
    - correction of a routing error where speaker short could not be detected and reported (red led)
    - battery is measured whether DC is connected to not (before it was Vcc that was measured, which could be either VBatt or DC)
    - dual footprint for battery connector to allow multiple orientations
    - molex IO connector is now 8 pins instead of 5
    - switch used for boot is now setting one of the above IO to either GND or a real GPIO (EN)
    - added an extra 1.25 mm connector for 3.3/GND
    - all 1.25 mm connectors are friction-headers with existing pre-wired female version on AMZN
    - 6 pins header has been re-routed to allow direct board-to-board connection of small 128x32x1 0.91' OLED display (I've also made a PCB for using a 256x32x4 display which just fits inside the box
    - supports audio chip TAS575x or TAS578x
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Thanks for all your hard work!

Tried software on an A1S...and itĺs great.
    You can count 2 for me, with PCB for screen if possible !
    ╔ric

next SqueezeAmp batch

Hi Philippe;
    I would like to order 1 for a friend of mine.
    Could you clarify the following:
    - I would like to get it with one of the acrylic boxes (The small one which does not hold batteries) - if possible.
    - How much does it cost - including shipment to Germany?
    - Is this message on the forum enough as 'an order', or do you want it via squeezeamp @ o u t l o o k . c o m to better keep track of it?

(If you don't get to the minimum order size or in general, if you want to 'clean up': I would alternatively also be interested in one of your remaining systems)

2 further technical questions_
    1) If I don't use amp and battery charge capability (but I do want DAC capability, so line-out works) - can I run the system off a 5V supply?
    2) If I do use the amp - is there any risk for the Amp (or the inductors / capacitors in the Amps output-path) when I only connect 1 speaker (i.e. use only right channel) and leave the other one open?
    Last edited by slimhase; 2020-04-12 at 01:55.
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    Hi Philippe;
    I would like to order 1 for a friend of mine.
    Could you clarify the following:
    - I would like to get it with one of the acrylic boxes (The small one which does not hold batteries) - if possible.
    - How much does it cost - including shipment to Germany?
    - Is this message on the forum enough as 'an order', or do you want it via squeezeamp @ o u t l o o k . c o m to better keep track of it?

(If you don't get to the minimum order size or in general, if you want to 'clean up': I would alternatively also be interested in one of your remaining systems)

2 further technical questions_
    1) If I don't use amp and battery charge capability (but I do want DAC capability, so line-out works) - can I run the system off a 5V supply?
    2) If I do use the amp - is there any risk for the Amp (or the inductors / capacitors in the Amps output-path) when I only connect 1 speaker (i.e. use only right channel) and leave the other one open?
    - I still have a few boxes
    - Shipment to germany is usually 12CAD
    - I have a very last green PCB of my own production that works and that will be the last one. After that, I have 3 left of the new "generation" for my own needs

1) Yes, 5V supply is good enoguh, even for the AMP (it's very low of course)
    2) no risk, I do that all the time. The TI amp is very well protected anyway, and you can even short the output for how long as you want
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by Ricotrot View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work!

Tried software on an A1S...and itĺs great.
    You can count 2 for me, with PCB for screen if possible !
    ╔ric
    Hi Eric - Thanks. You are the 1st for a new order (?)

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    - I still have a few boxes
    - Shipment to germany is usually 12CAD
    - I have a very last green PCB of my own production that works and that will be the last one. After that, I have 3 left of the new "generation" for my own needs

1) Yes, 5V supply is good enoguh, even for the AMP (it's very low of course)
    2) no risk, I do that all the time. The TI amp is very well protected anyway, and you can even short the output for how long as you want
    If it is ok, I would take the last green one. I'll send an email with address aso.
    Thank you!
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    - 6 pins header has been re-routed to allow direct board-to-board connection of small 128x32x1 0.91' OLED display (I've also made a PCB for using a 256x32x4 display which just fits inside the box
    nice improvements! Do you have a picture of the 256x32x4 inside the box?
    Is this a separate PCB or a different version of the Squeezeamp PCB?

trouble with v0.0.29

I upgraded my player OTA to fw: v0.0.29-v4.0-ESP32-A1S-master-c

I now have random crashes,
    a display tripping at other occasions
    Name:  IMG_7952.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  56.4 KB
    and error messages when refreshing the web page
    Code:
    W (1147549) _httpd: _httpd_accept_conn: error in accept (23)
    W (1147549) _httpd: _httpd_server: error accepting new connection
    Apart from the crashes the music keeps playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    I upgraded my player OTA to fw: v0.0.29-v4.0-ESP32-A1S-master-c

I now have random crashes,
    a display tripping at other occasions
    Name:  IMG_7952.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  56.4 KB
    and error messages when refreshing the web page
    Code:
    W (1147549) _httpd: _httpd_accept_conn: error in accept (23)
    W (1147549) _httpd: _httpd_server: error accepting new connection
    Apart from the crashes the music keeps playing.
    CMake branch lacks proper testing. It is fine for recovery, but not recommended as stable music listening.

I will probably change the naming scheme to reflect that
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    CMake branch lacks proper testing. It is fine for recovery, but not recommended as stable music listening.

I will probably change the naming scheme to reflect that
    thx :|

I presume I didn't get the recovery by flashing OTA.
    Is it worth while to load it by cable?