Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by denhorst View Post
    hi,
    I think it's the i2c display.
    i only have 1x 3.3v and i need that for the display.
    When unconfigure the display from the NVS editor the wrover starts but the rotary still doesn't work
    oh, you're powering up the rotary and display using GPIO's?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    oh, you're powering up the rotary and display using GPIO's?
    No.
    The display is connected :
    IO18 - SCL
    IO19 - SDA
    GND --> GND
    VCC --> 3.3V

In between I had disconnected the 3.3v from the display and connected it to the Rotary Encoder. I guess the display was still configured but had no power , so the controller could not start. ?
    Now I have unconfigured the display and the ESP is running. However, the Rotary encoder does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by denhorst View Post
    No.
    The display is connected :
    IO18 - SCL
    IO19 - SDA
    GND --> GND
    VCC --> 3.3V

In between I had disconnected the 3.3v from the display and connected it to the Rotary Encoder. I guess the display was still configured but had no power , so the controller could not start. ?
    Now I have unconfigured the display and the ESP is running. However, the Rotary encoder does not work.
    Can you tell me what model of encoder it is and how you wired it?
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-03-31 at 15:43.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    No luck.
    Tried 256x64 SSD1322 display with SPI and SSD1326/7 driver. Screen stays dark.
    I did get the display to work with a ESP8266/Arduino IDE and u8g2 library.

I will look at the wiring and config again tomorrow and over the weekend. Maybe I flash the test program to the ESP32.
    Does anyone know whether u8g2 works with an ESP32?
    So ... I've received my SSD1322-based display today and it's going to be interesting as the manufacturer seems to have decided to be "creative" compared to their other displays in term of bytes & bits ordering as well as layout which impacts columns and row handling. So I should be able to find a solution, but it's going to be a waste of CPU. In addition, you need to make sure that the interface resistor are set to 4 wires-SPI. It was set to 3 on my device. See https://www.buydisplay.com/arduino/I...to_Arduino.pdf
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-03-31 at 23:36.

So ... I've received my SSD1322-based display today and it's going to be interesting as the manufacturer seems to have decided to be "creative" compared to their other displays in term of bytes & bits ordering as well as layout which impacts columns and row handling. So I should be able to find a solution, but it's going to be a waste of CPU. In addition, you need to make sure that the interface resistor are set to 4 wires-SPI. It was set to 3 on my device. See https://www.buydisplay.com/arduino/I...to_Arduino.pdf
    I found the same pdf and wired my display accordingly.
    And yes, I had to move one resistor to program the display to 4W-SPI. The table is printed on the back.

I did get it to work in this configuration hooked up to a esp8266 running the u8g2 library.
    But I did see glitches which could correspond to your observation.
    I haven't found the time to do any further tests yet.

This is the one I got.

edit: when I ran it on the esp8266 I had the impression that it was fiendishly slow, but I haven't investigated this further.
    Last edited by ElFishi; 2020-04-01 at 00:16.

Can you tell me what model of encoder it is and how you wired it?
    Hi,

I have one of these klick
    Name:  Keyes-KY-040-Rotary-Encoder-Module-Schematic.png
Views: 184
Size:  12.8 KB

connected as follows:
    CLK --> IO4
    DT --> IO5
    + --> 3.3v
    GND --> GND

Spent an hour with my just received SSD1306 based display...always dark. The description says VCC: Power + (DC 3.3 ~5v), so was using a separate 5v PS. Connected it to the 3.3v pins on my ESP32 board and it came right up .

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mboxler View Post
    Spent an hour with my just received SSD1306 based display...always dark. The description says VCC: Power + (DC 3.3 ~5v), so was using a separate 5v PS. Connected it to the 3.3v pins on my ESP32 board and it came right up .

Mike
    Very strange. Can you tell what display it was exactly and how did you connect it at first?

Very strange. Can you tell what display it was exactly and how did you connect it at first?
    It's this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I soldered dupont wires to a 2.5mm 5.5mm jack, and plugged a 5v (actually measured 4.9v) SB Touch PS into the jack.

Mike

Amateur here ... but did it need a common ground when using external power supply?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland