Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    I'm not sure about this but I think you need to install Philippe's LMS plugin to get some of the extra display capabilities.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I'm not sure about this but I think you need to install Philippe's LMS plugin to get some of the extra display capabilities.
    I have SqueezeESP32 (v0.43) installed and and everything works (even SuperDateTime with its weather icons like clouds, sun etc) - but not the (full screen) analog or digital VU meter screensavers....
    Last edited by slimhase; 2020-03-20 at 03:31.
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    The display works very nicely (I am using the small 128x32, which is in 'full' font really sufficient in my use case).

However, I can not get the screensaver 'analog VU meter' (or 'digital VU meter') to work. (These are my std. screensavers I use - esp. on my SB Classics.)
    If I select one of these, the screen shows nothing.

Am I doing something wrong (overlooked some settings to be set)?
    Or are these not implemented in SqueezeESP32?
    There is no support for analog VU support or digital VU through that menu. You have to choose your screensaver through "now playing"
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-03-20 at 11:57.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    There is no support for analog VU support or digital VU through that menu. You have to choose your screensaver through "now playing"
    But your question made me review the handling of the "screensaver when playing" option and add support for digital VU and spectrum. The small difference compared to using the "new playing" configuration is that if you have enabled artwork, using "spectrum" from "now playing" will extend to the whole screen while using "spectrum" from "screensaver when playing" will leave the artwork to the right.

You *must* upgrade the plugin & the firmware alltogether otherwise it will stop working
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    But your question made me review the handling of the "screensaver when playing" option and add support for digital VU and spectrum. The small difference compared to using the "new playing" configuration is that if you have enabled artwork, using "spectrum" from "now playing" will extend to the whole screen while using "spectrum" from "screensaver when playing" will leave the artwork to the right.

You *must* upgrade the plugin & the firmware alltogether otherwise it will stop working
    Great.

(While trying this, I noticed another issue - but that is not related to SqueezeESP, but LMS or my setup:
    My system does not react on the delay setting of the screensaver anymore - also on my SB Classics - it immedialtely jumps to the screensaver not waiting for the delay as set.
    I'll ask @mherger in the LMS thread about it.... )
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;

Can someone tell me what to do when the Squeezeamp is in Recovery mode and how to return this to normal mode. I tried updating the firmware on a new unit and it timed out during install and since then I have not been able to install new firmware or get out of recovery mode.

Thanks
    sorry if this is in the wrong thread

EDIT: I wrote too soon. I was able to update to todays firmware and it is no longer in Recovery Mode
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2020-03-21 at 09:20.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1584980762 @ Mon Mar 23
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Thanks for the link! Got this yesterday, loaded the firmware, and was able to listen music using the headphone out.

This will be fun to play with.

Mike

What type of Wifi is the SqueezeAmp compatible with and able to use (a,b,g,n,ac)?

Thanks for all the work that went into this project it is fun to use.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1584980762 @ Mon Mar 23
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    What type of Wifi is the SqueezeAmp compatible with and able to use (a,b,g,n,ac)?

Thanks for all the work that went into this project it is fun to use.
    Up to n

ANNOUNCE: the SqueezeAMP, next generation squeezeboxen amplifier/receiver

well ... I could not resist (@sle118, don't laugh ).

By reading a 2006 thread and With a Little Help From My Friend(s), I was able to add the good old SB3/Boom analog VU, with the same funny look. Just one thing though, because screens are usually 128 or 256 and the VU was made for 160 or 320, it's missing some bit on both ends.

Name:  IMG_5552.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  55.1 KB
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-03-23 at 05:21.