Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
    That's interesting. I have this exact board but have never been able to flash it with anything. I've just dug it out and tried again. The error I get is "...Chip sync error: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header...".

Pardon my ignorance, but could this be because it is not entering download mode? Does anyone know how to achieve this?
    Thank you to everyone who responded to my post. After a few more failed attempts I got the board flashed and it is now updated and working well!

Once I had crossed RX and TX and checked and double checked everything it was a change of USB port that finally got the process completed. I'm only getting a few minutes at a time to spend on this so it's been hard to get any momentum, but I am thinking of getting another one of these boards for some more in-depth tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    The messaging subsystem, along with moving to a different httpd architecture is one of the main feature of this branch. I'm quite happy with the fact that system generated messages are sent to a queue rather than living for a short time as a status string. @daduke did a good job on the UI front end, with a new system log tab where messages will live. Not all subsystems are posting there as of now, but you'll see interesting things like wifi connect/drops/system restart/etc.
    I am eager to see what is till to come in this little masterpiece!

you can try it on a SqueezeAmp as well, although you should keep in mind that, until we have a stable "v1" release with feature freeze, master remains the most stable version. I try my best to keep things as stable as possible in feature branches, but they are what they are: a separate development branch to test new features. Since you are equipped with what it takes to flash with serial, you can always go back to any of the previous versions if you're having some issues.
    Yes, of course, will watch out, but will of course also try to inform if I see any problems coming.

On which version are you having a hard time with OTA? This is another piece which I have "severely" refactored to allow uploading binary files from the http UI. In the cmake branch, the system now downloads the entire partition in memory before writing it to flash. I am hoping this will work best, as it will not fail on Wifi connection dropping, etc.
    I have two squeezeamps, which both came with the v0.3.159-v3.1.5-I2S-4MFlash-nvs version. While I was working on adding the display to one of them, I beleive I managed to kill the firmware, I therefore had to to flash using serial, the first time (on one of them).

After that, it became unstable with OTA flashing and I have tried new recovery partitions since then. Must have been somewhere between 0.5.400 - 0.5.470, cannot tell you more exact.

When there is a problem I get:
    1. Erasing OTA partition
    2. Erasing flash (3/11)
    3. Starting OTA... either it stops here
    4. Downloading & writing update. or here and no percentage bar is shown.

I now am on v0.5.505-IDFv3.1.5-SqueezeAmp4M, will see how it reacts on next update and will keep you updated. The other one still on v0.3.159 feels more stable with OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by r.ludwig View Post

Yes, of course, will watch out, but will of course also try to inform if I see any problems coming.

I have two squeezeamps, which both came with the v0.3.159-v3.1.5-I2S-4MFlash-nvs version. While I was working on adding the display to one of them, I beleive I managed to kill the firmware, I therefore had to to flash using serial, the first time (on one of them).

After that, it became unstable with OTA flashing and I have tried new recovery partitions since then. Must have been somewhere between 0.5.400 - 0.5.470, cannot tell you more exact.

1. Erasing OTA partition
    2. Erasing flash (3/11)

I now am on v0.5.505-IDFv3.1.5-SqueezeAmp4M, will see how it reacts on next update and will keep you updated. The other one still on v0.3.159 feels more stable with OTA.
    I've not investigated that much but occasionally (you have to remember that I use flash a lot ), I had such problematic devices. I all got them back by doing a full erase of the whole flash using espressif's tools
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I've not investigated that much but occasionally (you have to remember that I use flash a lot ), I had such problematic devices. I all got them back by doing a full erase of the whole flash using espressif's tools
    Yes I do beleive you , will have another try with full erase. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by r.ludwig View Post

1. Erasing OTA partition
    2. Erasing flash (3/11)

Note that the CMake branch has a very different strategy for flashing. It also addresses an issue that sometimes happened when dealing with redirection. Status updates are also more robust. I think there are still some cases where the OTA will fall on the first attempt, bit gathering feedback is precious.

I'd say that the CMake branch should be the most stable for recovery. As for squeezelite, I lack proper feedback to comment on stability.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

8M bin file missing in Github

For some reason the .bin file for
    v0.5.509#v3.1.5#SqueezeAmp8MBFlash#master
    is missing in https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/releases.

4M and other versions are available.

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    For some reason the .bin file for
    v0.5.509#v3.1.5#SqueezeAmp8MBFlash#master
    is missing in https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/releases.

4M and other versions are available.
    I just checked the Jenkins build system log and the bin upload, which is a separate transfer, failed. I restarted the build for a new attempt.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

I just checked the Jenkins build system log and the bin upload, which is a separate transfer, failed. I restarted the build for a new attempt.
    That did it. Thank you!

Artwork

I've published a firmware and a plugin that supports artwork. It works on monochrome displays, but that's really unusable . Still, it's acceptable on 16-grayscale levels. I have drivers for a 128x128 (SSD1327) where I use 128x32 on top for LMS and 96x96 for artwork underneath and 256x32 (SSD1326). Of course, on 256x32 it's a bit ridiculous, but it's just for fun. I hope I'll receive soon one of these 256x64 larger displays with a SSD1322 and will be able to have a good compromise with that.

Name:  IMG_5543.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  53.1 KB
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Are VU screensavers supposed to work?

The display works very nicely (I am using the small 128x32, which is in 'full' font really sufficient in my use case).

However, I can not get the screensaver 'analog VU meter' (or 'digital VU meter') to work. (These are my std. screensavers I use - esp. on my SB Classics.)
    If I select one of these, the screen shows nothing.

Am I doing something wrong (overlooked some settings to be set)?
    Or are these not implemented in SqueezeESP32?
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;