Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    To answer my own question ... set it to I2S (at least that made the 3.5mm audio jack work).

I guess the reason is that the web UI is generic ... and SqueezeAMP is using I2S to get the data to the built-in amp.
    I was being slow.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Hi,

in latest v0.4.217-v3.1.5-SqueezeAmp4MBFlash-master/squeezelite-esp32-v0.4.217-IDFv3.1.5-master-SqueezeAmp4MBFlash.bin
    the Airplay connection problem seems to be gone,..

will continue testing with different devices and Airplay and report back here, if successfull than the github issue can be closed

best wishes pbg4
    Last edited by pbg4; 2019-12-17 at 12:33.

Hi,

quick solution for a heatsink for the TAS5754M is shown below, simply cut out a rectangle of
    15x10mm e.g. from on old mobo southbridge heatsink and attach with a tight wire strap soldered
    to the groundplane of the SqueezeAmp (apply a good thermal compound before on the heatsink),

this has proven quite successfull here when testing with a pair of jbl speakers, as the TAS5754M
    became quite hot without a heatsink,

best wishes pbg4

Name:  IMG_3278.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  249.7 KB

Would it be feasible to get an analogue audio input onto the board?
    I ask because I replaced a min-hifi tuner with SqueezeAMP to give some more shelf space in the kitchen (driving a pair of ceiling speakers ... works great but I need to find a way to set a top limit for the audio level) ... but I ha dforgotten that the old amp also had an Echo Dot running through it via a y-cable.

If I could connect the Echo via analogue and then have it on permanent audio mix (analogue in plus whichever Squeezelite/AirPlay/Bluetooth is playing) then it would be great.

... thinking aloud ... I should try SqueezeAMP as Bluetooth target for the Echo ... maybe that would have the same outcome.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

I tried sending over Bluetooth from Echo and a phone ... both acted as if it was working but I heard nothing.
    Is there a trick I am missing?
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I tried sending over Bluetooth from Echo and a phone ... both acted as if it was working but I heard nothing.
    Is there a trick I am missing?
    No, if you have selected the right target and done pairing it should work. I use my iPhone normally. You have left the amp to use i2s for output, right?
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    No, if you have selected the right target and done pairing it should work. I use my iPhone normally. You have left the amp to use i2s for output, right?
    Yes.

What will it do if Squeezelite is playing at the same time (LMS driving it)?
    Paul Webster

Yes.

What will it do if Squeezelite is playing at the same time (LMS driving it)?
    LMS has priority
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

I tried a few things ... and managed to get my phone to play via Bluetooth to SqueezeAMP. It started very very loud.
    So I wonder if the Echo Dot was also working but was very very quiet.
    However, changing the volume using the +/- buttons on the Echo made no difference.

In any case, if the sounds cannot be mixed then it would not meet this unusual requirement anyway.

An alternative approach could be if output priority could be set ... then a Bluetooth announcement (from Alexa in this case) could break into an LMS stream which could resume afterwards ... which would avoid the potential complication of mixing sounds (assuming the Echo could be made to be heard at all).
    Paul Webster

I tried a few things ... and managed to get my phone to play via Bluetooth to SqueezeAMP. It started very very loud.
    So I wonder if the Echo Dot was also working but was very very quiet.
    However, changing the volume using the +/- buttons on the Echo made no difference.

In any case, if the sounds cannot be mixed then it would not meet this unusual requirement anyway.

An alternative approach could be if output priority could be set ... then a Bluetooth announcement (from Alexa in this case) could break into an LMS stream which could resume afterwards ... which would avoid the potential complication of mixing sounds (assuming the Echo could be made to be heard at all).
    Currently if the BT sink uses volume button to send command to the squeezeamp, and not to control locally the volume, there is no volume change. Similarly, when being a BT source, the LMS volume commands are not sent as BT commands. I can work on that, but probably not right now.

I’ve tried to switch the jack to be an input but I’ve not yet succeeded. The problem is that I need to put the embedded DAC into high impedance so that there is no conflict with the line-in audio and I’ve not found the right command. Today, if you send something using the jack, it will play but the 2 output are in conflict, really not recommended.

BT switch might not be great either because you loose all audio in buffer ... not pretty