Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Just to keep you updated, we now have buttons and screen management in squeezeamp
    oh wow! That is brilliant news. SqueezeAMP keeps going from strength to strength.

Thank you for all the hard work you guys do to rapidly improve it.

That makes sense. There is built-in protection for short circuit in the amplifier.
    And that reminded me that there is a speaker fault indicator that I have wired to a gpio and a red led ... I should probably active these
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

ANNOUNCE: the SqueezeAMP,next generation squeezeboxen amplifier/receiver

> Just to keep you updated, we now have buttons and screen management in
    > squeezeamp
    > [image:
    > https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b1e2f14b3.jpg]

Woah... Cool!

What's the limitations of those displays? Or the compatible specs? I
    would assume that the code would need to be tweaked for its resolution?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Just to keep you updated, we now have buttons and screen management in
    > squeezeamp
    > [image:
    > https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b1e2f14b3.jpg]

Woah... Cool!

What's the limitations of those displays? Or the compatible specs? I
    would assume that the code would need to be tweaked for its resolution?

--

Michael
    Thatís what is very very cool with LMS. The display code is server driven and I had no tweaks to do so far. Fonts are also made from the server. You send your resolution (hence I needed to create my category of players bute I was dis pointed because you did it before me ) and so far LMS seems to do all the rest. There is also a text mode, where you send the line length.
    We can drive any spi or i2c driver, so far I have a driver for ssd1306 whose limitation is 128x64. The 128 is not great, but Iíve found many spi displays with 240x64.
    So that picture looks super cool IMHO but I had to do very little work to get there...

There seems to be some optimizations like scrolling and partial redraw, but Iíve not activated them.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Thatís what is very very cool with LMS. The display code is server driven and I had no tweaks to do so far. Fonts are also made from the server. You send your resolution (hence I needed to create my category of players bute I was dis pointed because you did it before me ) and so far LMS seems to do all the rest.
    I've been following the development of this project with great interest, hoping it could be the platform for a few ideas I've got brewing. The display handling is one of the things I find incredibly clever with the LMS concept and I'm happy to see that it could be incorporated.
    Hoping I can find an OLED similar in size with the SB3 display. As I find that to be the ultimate model, it would be nice to have a modern replacement since the old ones are starting to develop various issues.

ANNOUNCE: the SqueezeAMP, next generation squeezeboxen amplifier/receiver

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    I've been following the development of this project with great interest, hoping it could be the platform for a few ideas I've got brewing. The display handling is one of the things I find incredibly clever with the LMS concept and I'm happy to see that it could be incorporated.
    Hoping I can find an OLED similar in size with the SB3 display. As I find that to be the ultimate model, it would be nice to have a modern replacement since the old ones are starting to develop various issues.
    At some point and if other tinkerers want to help, we can replace the guts of the SB3 by a squeezeamp and keep the casing and display. We need to rebuild a motherboard which is not very complicated as such but there has to be enough interest. The only missing piece will be Ethernet as adding it would be way too complicated.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-01-12 at 09:54.

If I used this with a Bluetooth Speaker and synced to other squeezebox devices, is there a noticeable delay caused by the BT output?

I guess with bigger batteries, this could be used as a base for a boom-like device (hard wired speaker output to eliminate lag). Iím still wanting a portable squeeze boom box for the garden/patio that can be synced to players in the house. The radio just lacks grunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about this device, but BT normally creates a small delay, but it's pretty stable. You can set the player delay in LMS settings for that player.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Hi,

since yesterday the SqueezAmp Display is refactored in Git by Philippe and the other devs, thank you all,..
    this is really nice,..

best wishes pbg4
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by pbg4 View Post
    Hi,

since yesterday the SqueezAmp Display is refactored in Git by Philippe and the other devs, thank you all,..
    this is really nice,..

best wishes pbg4
    Good to see others with this display as well . I've added client-side scroll for smooth display. It only scrolls to left, although LMS allows left and right, but I'm not sure to know in what case right-scrolling is used (other than chinese/arabic/hebrew/persian ...?)