Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjunkten View Post
    Thanks , Philippe.

I used the link and I upgraded to fw. SqueezeAmp 16.634, but the lagging persists with newer firmware.

I tried to flash 32.634 and then went back to 16.606 and 32.606 with the same result. (Should I use 16 or 32 by the way?)

I have restarted the server and the extender and LMS says the signal strength of the AMP is 87% .
    Sync is one of the feature we had in mind with squeezelite-esp32, and Philippe spend a great deal of time fine tuning it so it would be seamless.

I have had similar problems in the past as well, though, when using the group plug-in. The symptom was willing every 10 seconds or so. Could you describe what happens on your end?

Back then, I increased the verbosity of the logs on the server to try and pinpoint the player that was guilty and causing the issue, only to find that none of them were; the group pseudo player itself was getting out of alignment.

Also, have you tried to tune up the sync options for the player itself in LMS?
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Thanks , Philippe.

I used the link and I upgraded to fw. SqueezeAmp 16.634, but the lagging persists with newer firmware.

I tried to flash 32.634 and then went back to 16.606 and 32.606 with the same result. (Should I use 16 or 32 by the way?)

I have restarted the server and the extender and LMS says the signal strength of the AMP is 87% .
    Ah, the debate on 16/32... I won’t open the can of worms, but my advice is stick with 16 bits, this is where you get the best of squeezelite-esp32.

Now, per Sebastien’s request, can you describe a bit more how the « lag » feels?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Well, I deactivated the group player plugin from LMS, and now I'm listening to the amp playing without lag, so that might be the culprit. I am on fw. 16.634.

Now 10 minutes without a glitch :-)
    Setup: Living room: 1 Raspberry Pi 2 with Max2Play as server and Squeezelite (Hifiberry), Kitchen: 1 Radio, Room: 1 Boom
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1594451286 @ Sat Jul 11 09:20:48 CEST 2020
    http://www.last.fm/user/adjunkten | http://www.lektoren.dk

Well, I deactivated the group player plugin from LMS, and now I'm listening to the amp playing without lag, so that might be the culprit. I am on fw. 16.634.

Now 10 minutes without a glitch :-)
    Ok, so there is really something weird here that I need to verify. Can you tell me which devices where in the group player so I can try to reproduce?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

FW update issues

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Ok, so there is really something weird here that I need to verify. Can you tell me which devices where in the group player so I can try to reproduce?
    Oh, I see now, that you are also the author of the group player plugin :-) I reinstalled it and it seems to work better with the newest AMP fw. 16.634. I had problems with fw 570, and then you helped me with the update.

I can now sync 2 booms and 2 radios with the AMP, but when I add the Squeezelite player on my serverPi, it lags/falls out completely.

Anyway, I am a happy AMP user again :-)
    Setup: Living room: 1 Raspberry Pi 2 with Max2Play as server and Squeezelite (Hifiberry), Kitchen: 1 Radio, Room: 1 Boom
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1594451286 @ Sat Jul 11 09:20:48 CEST 2020

Oh, I see now, that you are also the author of the group player plugin :-) I reinstalled it and it seems to work better with the newest AMP fw. 16.634. I had problems with fw 570, and then you helped me with the update.

I can now sync 2 booms and 2 radios with the AMP, but when I add the Squeezelite player on my serverPi, it lags/falls out completely.

Anyway, I am a happy AMP user again :-)
    By how much does it lag? Does it happen if you only have a squezelite and a squeezeAMP?

I created a group with Pi Squeezelite and Amp only that synced OK.

Then I went back to test my "house" group of all 6 players (2 Booms, 2 radios, Pi, AMP) , and now it works. I am not sure why it didn't work yesterday. Quite possibly my mistake. :-)

Lars

I created a group with Pi Squeezelite and Amp only that synced OK.

Then I went back to test my "house" group of all 6 players (2 Booms, 2 radios, Pi, AMP) , and now it works. I am not sure why it didn't work yesterday. Quite possibly my mistake. :-)

Lars
    In my case, the problem showed up randomly
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

SqueezeAMP - power question for Philippe

Hi,

A quick question and hopefully simple answer for Philippe...

I'm think of putting a SqueezeAMP into a Bluetooth speaker to make a single unit, current plan is to use Bluetooth, but I will also investigate connecting to the speakers line-In connection.

The speaker has a 7.4v Li-ion battery, my plan (hopefully) is to use that battery to power the SqueezeAMP as well as the speaker.

Charging of the battery will be entirely by the speaker's normal means, the SqueezeAMP will only be using the power.

Is this setup possible? If so which is my best connection point for this battery on the SqueezeAMP - the DC power in or the battery terminals??

Cheers in advance

Kev