Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 784
  1. #741
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    All the SqueezeAMP from the new batch have now a new home, thanks to all of you!
    So it's too late to order ?

  2. #742
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,143
    Quote Originally Posted by tikanayoo View Post
    So it's too late to order ?
    You can send me an email an Ill put you on the list if I make another batch. Its all about how many people will ask
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

  3. #743
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2
    ok thanks i m going to try my chance . thanks for your beautiful project

  4. #744
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,220

    Config UI URL?

    I've had a request in the MaterialSkin thread to make the player IP addresses in its Information dialog links. For pCP this is easy enough, as pCP has a webpage at "http:// IP" Does a similar config page exist for SqueezeAMP? Would it make sense to add a link from Material to this SqueezeAMP UI?
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

  5. #745
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,143

    ANNOUNCE: the SqueezeAMP, next generation squeezeboxen amplifier/receiver

    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    I've had a request in the MaterialSkin thread to make the player IP addresses in its Information dialog links. For pCP this is easy enough, as pCP has a webpage at "http:// IP" Does a similar config page exist for SqueezeAMP? Would it make sense to add a link from Material to this SqueezeAMP UI?
    Yes it has a webpage at usual port 80 of its IP address :-)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-10-05 at 23:56.
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

  6. #746
    Senior Member KeBul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    224

    Equalizer save problem and play on power up.

    Hi,

    I've been testing one of my SqueezeAMPs with a view to deploying for driving some wired external speakers in the garden and have some questions and issues...

    First a simple question... 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers? If I'm reading them correctly the TAS 57xx specs state minimum 2 ohms but while i'm here I thought I'd ask if there was a reason to chose one over the other (4 or 8?).

    The first issue: The speakers (cheap) I'm testing with sound pretty muffled, but improve quite a bit by tweaking the equalizer, but I cannot get those settings to save... When I hit Apply... LMS logs show:

    Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (130) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP:rocessHTTP: Can't locate object method "build_modes" via package "Slim:isplay::NoDisplay" at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SqueezeESP32/PlayerSettings.pm line 60

    SqueezeESP Plugin version is v0.104
    LMS is 7.9.3 running on pCP 6
    SqueezeAMP is running Development 140 8mb and is just a bare unit, ie no switches, encoders or display.

    Second issue is: As this will be occasional use I wanted to power it off for those many non-garden days we get in the UK. I was hoping to get it to automatically start playing after power on... Tried using the LMS player settings for pause or stop on power off and resume or restart on power on. This works if the power off is a fairly short period, but once the instance of Squeezelite has disappeared from LMS it doesn't work. I'm thinking this is because it has to re-register with LMS which once completed LMS sees it as already powered on.
    Has anyone come up with a way to reliably automatically start playing after applying power a SqueezeAMP?

    Third Issue: My SqueezeAMP always connects to the wireless AP furtherest away in my house, which is set to use Ch1, I know I've seen chat about this on the forum and there a parameter somewhere that can be changed, I saw the post yesterday reading this thread from page 1 to 75 and have just got back to page 16 from 75 and not found it again - perhaps it was another thread, perhaps I missed it, can someone save my eyes from total meltdown and remind me what I need to change this behaviour?

    Thanks in advance for any help on the above.

    Kev
    Last edited by KeBul; 2020-10-06 at 13:26.

  7. #747
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    106
    Let me try to answer your questions:

    - As far as I know 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers should be both OK.

    - Issue 1: I just tried to save equalizer settings, and it appears that I have the same problem as you have. When hitting the apply button, I get a similar error message in the LMS log file as you mention in your message, and equalizer settings are not saved. I am using latest LMS 8.0.0 on Windows. So there seems to be a problem with the SqueezeESP32 plugin v0.104.
    EDIT: The error message on LMS8 on Windows 7 is:
    Code:
    Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (130) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP: Can't locate object method "build_modes" via package "Slim::Display::NoDisplay" at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SqueezeESP32/PlayerSettings.pm line 60.
    - Issue 2: In my experience when I power off Squeezeamp by pulling the power plug, then the player resumes playback when I power it on the next day. This is with LMS 8 running on a Windows system that is always on. So in my case resume of playback after power on seems to work as expected.

    - Issue 3: The wifi issue that you describe is supposed to be solved in firmware "development.140-SqueezeAmp4MBFl". See this message. Apparently you need to set parameter wifi_smode to a using the NVS editor (last parameter in the list).
    Last edited by CJS; 2020-10-07 at 06:25.
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  8. #748
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,143
    Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    Hi,

    I've been testing one of my SqueezeAMPs with a view to deploying for driving some wired external speakers in the garden and have some questions and issues...

    First a simple question... 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers? If I'm reading them correctly the TAS 57xx specs state minimum 2 ohms but while i'm here I thought I'd ask if there was a reason to chose one over the other (4 or 8?).

    The first issue: The speakers (cheap) I'm testing with sound pretty muffled, but improve quite a bit by tweaking the equalizer, but I cannot get those settings to save... When I hit Apply... LMS logs show:

    Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (130) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP:rocessHTTP: Can't locate object method "build_modes" via package "Slim:isplay::NoDisplay" at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SqueezeESP32/PlayerSettings.pm line 60

    SqueezeESP Plugin version is v0.104
    LMS is 7.9.3 running on pCP 6
    SqueezeAMP is running Development 140 8mb and is just a bare unit, ie no switches, encoders or display.

    Second issue is: As this will be occasional use I wanted to power it off for those many non-garden days we get in the UK. I was hoping to get it to automatically start playing after power on... Tried using the LMS player settings for pause or stop on power off and resume or restart on power on. This works if the power off is a fairly short period, but once the instance of Squeezelite has disappeared from LMS it doesn't work. I'm thinking this is because it has to re-register with LMS which once completed LMS sees it as already powered on.
    Has anyone come up with a way to reliably automatically start playing after applying power a SqueezeAMP?

    Third Issue: My SqueezeAMP always connects to the wireless AP furtherest away in my house, which is set to use Ch1, I know I've seen chat about this on the forum and there a parameter somewhere that can be changed, I saw the post yesterday reading this thread from page 1 to 75 and have just got back to page 16 from 75 and not found it again - perhaps it was another thread, perhaps I missed it, can someone save my eyes from total meltdown and remind me what I need to change this behaviour?

    Thanks in advance for any help on the above.

    Kev
    1- About equalizer, there was a pretty fundamental bug I've left. I've updated both the plugin and the firmware (only cmake now)
    2- Is this working normally on your other SB? If I remember well, LMS has a 300s timer to forget disconnected clients and I'm not sure it's a feature to restart upon reconnect. Looking quickly at the code, it seems that even the playlist is erased after that.
    3- @sle118 has fixed that and you have now the "wifi_smode" parameter that allows you to connect to the most powerful AP, not the first found
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

  9. #749
    Just to say, I'm running a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 on my SqueezeAmp, they are 8ohm and it's plenty loud enough.

    At 3/10 is my normal listening in the same room, at 6/10 it's at annoy the neighbours levels.

    Can't comment on 4ohm I don't own any.

    You want 12v+ supplying the SqueezeAmp though..
    Last edited by Prime Heretic; 2020-10-07 at 00:34.

  10. #750
    Senior Member KeBul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    Let me try to answer your questions:

    - As far as I know 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers should be both OK.
    Thanks, I thought either would be fine but thought I could vaguely remember a discussion somewhere that implied 4 would be better, having gone back and forward through several hundred pages of posts I couldn't find any such discussion so asked just in case.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post

    - Issue 1: I just tried to save equalizer settings, and it appears that I have the same problem as you have.
    Thanks for the confirmation - Philippe also confirmed and fixed as per his post #748, (no idea how Philippe seems to fit all this work in and be so quick to respond - I reckon he's cloned himself and we are working with a small army of Philippes! ) I've just updated the plugin and upgraded the SqueezeAmp to development 143 and now the changes save, but at the moment it would seem the equalizer changes do not get applied after a power on, still investigating this and will update in a response to Philippe's post.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post

    - Issue 2: In my experience when I power off Squeezeamp by pulling the power plug, then the player resumes playback when I power it on the next day. This is with LMS 8 running on a Windows system that is always on. So in my case resume of playback after power on seems to work as expected.
    Yeah that's what I was hoping for, I'm thinking maybe this is getting clouded by a hardware problem with my SqueezeAMP that intermittently stops it from successfully powering up... Time to bite the bullet and get out the soldering kit and replace a capacitor. In the meantime I'll swap to testing on another SqueezeAMP that's already had that fix applied.
    It's been powering up OK every time so far this morning and continuing to play so I've been testing further, one thing for sure is pause at power off/resume at power on doesn't resume on a hard power cycle, it restarts rather than resumes, which is still fine for my purposes. It works as expected if you soft power off Squeezelite from LMS UI.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post

    - Issue 3: The wifi issue that you describe is supposed to be solved in firmware "development.140-SqueezeAmp4MBFl". See this message. Apparently you need to set parameter wifi_smode to a using the NVS editor (last parameter in the list).

    Cool, thanks, that's the one, guessed it would be wifi_smode, but with a default setting of "f" without finding SLE's original fix notice I had no idea what the new setting would be - "a" (without the quotes) being the answer.
    Never thought to look on Gitter either, although I find that worse than here for finding specific info in amongst all the chatter.

    Thanks for your help, much appreciated, last one was a real eye-saver, I'd gone through so many posts I knew I was starting to glaze and likely to miss it even if I found it

    Kev

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •