Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    Not tested that yet, I'll have to dig out some speakers to see if the noise is also coming out of the speaker terminals - I'll report back on that when I've tested it.

I'll also dig out the cables required to feed it into my Sound bar to test.
    OK so an update on further testing of my SqueezeAmp - specifically the pulsing hiss I'm hearing with wired headphones from the 3.5mm jack...

I connected up a pair of speakers to the speaker terminals, the pulsing hiss is still there but is much harder to hear... unless you are very close to the speaker, it can be masked by music but is evident during quiet segments of a track. It is much more evident using headphones no doubt due to the closeness of speaker to ear and the shutting out of any ambient noise from your environment.

It is also evident when connected to my TV soundbar (amplified speakers).

I still wanted to eliminate the power supply as a potential cause, despite having tried two different ones... I found a 12V 2A supply from a Draytek Router in my box of network bits, so tried that and still get the noise on the amplified outlet... so I think it must be a faulty SqueezeAmp.

I can also report that I still get the "2 red LED's" fail to power up/boot on the Draytek PSU but after pressing the reset it boots up fine.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    OK so an update on further testing of my SqueezeAmp - specifically the pulsing hiss I'm hearing with wired headphones from the 3.5mm jack...

I connected up a pair of speakers to the speaker terminals, the pulsing hiss is still there but is much harder to hear... unless you are very close to the speaker, it can be masked by music but is evident during quiet segments of a track. It is much more evident using headphones no doubt due to the closeness of speaker to ear and the shutting out of any ambient noise from your environment.

It is also evident when connected to my TV soundbar (amplified speakers).

I still wanted to eliminate the power supply as a potential cause, despite having tried two different ones... I found a 12V 2A supply from a Draytek Router in my box of network bits, so tried that and still get the noise on the amplified outlet... so I think it must be a faulty SqueezeAmp.

I can also report that I still get the "2 red LED's" fail to power up/boot on the Draytek PSU but after pressing the reset it boots up fine.

Kev
    So the hissing noise is definitively a faulty board. Iĺll send you a new one
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    So the hissing noise is definitively a faulty board. Iĺll send you a new one
    Thanks.

Kev

ANNOUNCE: the SqueezeAMP, next generation squeezeboxen amplifier/receiver

Quote Originally Posted by denhorst View Post
    Hi,

i have tried to reproduce the error but i did not succeed.

which reset button do you mean ? i can't find one or do you mean the switch S2 ?

denhorst
    I've been able to find a power supply/board combination that did not always start when plugging power. I've changed the reset capacitor to 1ÁF and so far I've not been able to make it fail
    Last edited by philippe_44; Today at 02:27.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5