Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikanayoo View Post
    here how i change the connector . i keep red on + (i see the + sign at the bottom of the board) and black on - . i don t have multimeter ...too bad .
    on my first picture my squeezeamp have the same orientation
    like you said the connector is not the same that we can see on aliexpress .
    The polarity of the battery connection in the picture that you show looks OK, assuming that the red wire is indeed connected to the + side of the battery (which is the standard convention).
    I don't understand what has gone wrong, unless for some strange reason the red wire is not connected to the positive side of the battery. That is why I suggested to measure the battery voltage and polarity with a multimeter.

Since you saw smoke, do you have any idea from which component the smoke was coming from? Is there any visible damage?
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    The polarity of the battery connection in the picture that you show looks OK, assuming that the red wire is indeed connected to the + side of the battery (which is the standard convention).
    I don't understand what has gone wrong, unless for some strange reason the red wire is not connected to the positive side of the battery. That is why I suggested to measure the battery voltage and polarity with a multimeter.

Since you saw smoke, do you have any idea from which component the smoke was coming from? Is there any visible damage?
    no visual damage. here a picture. i m going to buy a multimeter then i will say ti you . thanks for your help

Name:  SqueezeAmp_v_3.11-Board.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  74.2 KB

no visual damage. here a picture. i m going to buy a multimeter then i will say ti you . thanks for your help
    The part from which the smoke came is the inductor at the output of the battery charge IC. With correct battery polarity, the average current that flows through this inductor is the charge current that is limited at circa 0.77A. I am not sure what would happen when a battery with reversed polarity is connected. It is good to check the battery polarity with a multimeter.

Btw, in case that you find out that the black wire is connected to the positive side of the battery, you may claim a refund (or a new battery) from the seller at aliexpress, because this is not normal. Also the fact that the battery connector is different from what is shown in the product description on aliexpress may be a valid reason for claiming a refund.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

so i change the side of the connector , keep red a left and black at right . i connected the battery and a little smoke come .... so i disconnect immediatly the baterry. but the squeezeamp work nice .. i don t understand ....

i buy the 7,4V 3500 mAh battery
    So the battery controller of the AMP is dead. Please return it to me, I'll fix it and send you a new one
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

So, today i try the polarity of the battery with multimeter . red is positive and black is negative . the battery is a true 7,4 V .
    i m going to claim a refund because the connector is not the good one .

is it possible that the battery pack is not appropriate ? (7,4V and 3500 mAH)
    i try to connect the red on positive and black on negative of the squeezeamp and i have yet smoke ....

i don t have any idea ..

So, today i try the polarity of the battery with multimeter . red is positive and black is negative . the battery is a true 7,4 V .
    i m going to claim a refund because the connector is not the good one .

is it possible that the battery pack is not appropriate ? (7,4V and 3500 mAH)
    i try to connect the red on positive and black on negative of the squeezeamp and i have yet smoke ....

i don t have any idea ..
    Did you see Philippe's offer to replace your SqueezeAmp?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

yes and it s very kind .
    but i would like to understand why there is this problem

yes and it s very kind .
    but i would like to understand why there is this problem
    I suppose it is possible there was an issue with the board.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

i confirm you are right because i try with the second one (i was a little scare) and it was working !!!
    so it was a problem with one of the component of the board

i confirm you are right because i try with the second one (i was a little scare) and it was working !!!
    so it was a problem with one of the component of the board
    Did you connect the battery while the board was powered up? I do that from time to time but that’s not recommended
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-06-22 at 10:22.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3