Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNY View Post
    Hello,
    I am loving my SqueezeAmp. One issue I have run into is that when I rename the player it eventually reverts back to the default name. I've changed the name both through the SqueezeAmp web interface as well as through the LMS Player screen. The name change is still showing on the SqueezeAmp web interface but eventually reverts back to the original squeezelite-c64824 when I bring up the list of players in LMS.

I am running LMS 7.9.3 on Ubuntu server.

Any tips?

Thanks,
    -Chris
    Which firmware do you have?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Which firmware do you have?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    Sorry, should have mentioned that - 16.689

Accessories

I got a couple of SSD1306 screens. I didn't realize I'd need low profile connectors for them, whoops. This is linked on the github page. I'll have a look around for someplace I could order less than 100 (maybe Mouser). The product title is confusing. What would I Google to find other stores for these?

I was able to test by holding the screen in place with my hand. Hopefully didn't damage anything Looks nice. How would I get it to display the artist as well as the song title?

Also picked up some rotary encoders. Doesn't seem to matter which type is used - just sort out what pins need to connect to what on the board and should be good to go? For what it's worth I got some KY-040's and EC11's. This is just what the screen-supplying shop had.

Quote Originally Posted by mafyou View Post
    I got a couple of SSD1306 screens. I didn't realize I'd need low profile connectors for them, whoops. This is linked on the github page. I'll have a look around for someplace I could order less than 100 (maybe Mouser). The product title is confusing. What would I Google to find other stores for these?

I was able to test by holding the screen in place with my hand. Hopefully didn't damage anything Looks nice. How would I get it to display the artist as well as the song title?

Also picked up some rotary encoders. Doesn't seem to matter which type is used - just sort out what pins need to connect to what on the board and should be good to go? For what it's worth I got some KY-040's and EC11's. This is just what the screen-supplying shop had.
    If you're in Canada, I can mail you a connector. Re artwork, you can display but that's a B&W screen, so it will not look good at all and there will be very little space left for the rest so I'd advice against that.
    You'd need to set the parameters in LMS settings, player's tab, ESP32 menu. Just need to set X offset of 128-32=96
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

If you're in Canada, I can mail you a connector. Re artwork, you can display but that's a B&W screen, so it will not look good at all and there will be very little space left for the rest so I'd advice against that.
    You'd need to set the parameters in LMS settings, player's tab, ESP32 menu. Just need to set X offset of 128-32=96
    Will email you at the Squeezebox address, Philippe, thank you!

Artist name, not artwork. If I remember right, the display was only showing me the song title (and some other stuff like time of day). Not sure where this is configured (server or player).

Quote Originally Posted by mafyou View Post
    Will email you at the Squeezebox address, Philippe, thank you!

Artist name, not artwork. If I remember right, the display was only showing me the song title (and some other stuff like time of day). Not sure where this is configured (server or player).
    oh, sorry - best is to use Music Info Screen plugin from Michael that gives you better control, but otherwise you have some choices in the Player's settings (in LMS)

Sorry, should have mentioned that - 16.689
    FYI, I've since upgraded to 16.704 with the same issue occurring.

FYI, I've since upgraded to 16.704 with the same issue occurring.
    Can you describe step by step what you’re doing and see if you can take a log of SqueezeAMP (use telnet)? I cannot reproduce the issue

remap knob controls

I've got my rotary encoder working: volume up and down, click to play/pause. Great. Would like long press to soft power the player on/off. How would I go about that?

Can you describe step by step what you’re doing and see if you can take a log of SqueezeAMP (use telnet)? I cannot reproduce the issue
    Thanks for your reply Phillippe. I am not sure what fixed the issue, but after updating the firmware and rebooting my LMS it seems to be holding on to the changed player name. I'll update if I find it reverting again, but hopefully its fixed itself!

-Chris