Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    I can help with that! So just to recap, SqueezeESP is already connected to a WiFi network, say "WifiA". You connect to the web config interface, search for other WiFi networks around, and then attempt to connect to that other one, say "WiFiB". Am I getting this right?
    Yes, this is my case, and I fail. The system always returns hooked up to WiFiA.

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Yes, this is my case, and I fail. The system always returns hooked up to WiFiA.
    if you have telnet access (or console) you can do "nvs_erase_wifi_manager" (from memory, @sle118 did that command, not me) and that will erase all wifi settings, so it will return to be an AP
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

what if you turn off your WLanA, shouldn't squeezeamp revert back to AP access, so that you can start the setup from scratch?
    Last edited by r.ludwig; 2020-03-25 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I've not investigated that much but occasionally (you have to remember that I use flash a lot ), I had such problematic devices. I all got them back by doing a full erase of the whole flash using espressif's tools
    Quote Originally Posted by r.ludwig View Post
    Yes I do beleive you , will have another try with full erase. Thanks!
    I have now erased the flash. And this was a squeezeamp where I tried the 8M Flash, so I guess I will also need to erase the full 8M Flash.

It seems to work better now, I manage to flash over OTA!

What also seem to make it problematic is that in the living room where this SA sits, the Wifi isn't strong enough. When playing music it is fine (no hickups), but for an OTA upgrade it always stops in the middle, and I have to start with AP access again, bringing it nearer to the router.

Quote Originally Posted by r.ludwig View Post
    I have now erased the flash. And this was a squeezeamp where I tried the 8M Flash, so I guess I will also need to erase the full 8M Flash.

It seems to work better now, I manage to flash over OTA!

What also seem to make it problematic is that in the living room where this SA sits, the Wifi isn't strong enough. When playing music it is fine (no hickups), but for an OTA upgrade it always stops in the middle, and I have to start with AP access again, bringing it nearer to the router.
    You could try to flash the httpd recovery partition; it should be more robust under low wifi quality. Instead of doing cycles of download/flash/download/flash, it fully downloads the firmware to PSRAM and then flash it from there. This prevents possible WiFi instability that might be caused by threads being halted during the writing phase.

Note that you can very well run the httpd branch's recovery application and use it to flash any other branch (e.g. master). Let me know the results if/when you try it.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    SqueezeAmp!

if you have telnet access (or console) you can do "nvs_erase_wifi_manager" (from memory, @sle118 did that command, not me) and that will erase all wifi settings, so it will return to be an AP

Thanks,
    the other WiFi I wanted to test is as unstable as the original one, it seems. So the need to change has gone.
    I am hunting random drops of connection and I am struggling.

On another note, my humongous SPI OLED display has arrived. It says SSD1322 on the tin, can I hook it up right away?

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Thanks,
    the other WiFi I wanted to test is as unstable as the original one, it seems. So the need to change has gone.
    I am hunting random drops of connection and I am struggling.

On another note, my humongous SPI OLED display has arrived. It says SSD1322 on the tin, can I hook it up right away?
    Unfortunately not. You can still try to identify it as a SSD1327, but I would be very surprised if it works
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Unfortunately not. You can still try to identify it as a SSD1327, but I would be very surprised if it works
    could you make it work, please?

I donĺt have received my SSD1322 yet

i donĺt have received my ssd1322 yet