Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    oh, sorry - best is to use Music Info Screen plugin from Michael that gives you better control, but otherwise you have some choices in the Player's settings (in LMS)
    Thanks. I somehow managed to keep crashing the player when using Music Information Screen, but tweaking the player settings in "Basic Settings" and "Display" is good enough. Nice, big one-line display when using "full" font.

Had no idea all these settings were in there since my only player with a display previously was a Radio.

I spoke too soon.. I'm crashing a lot now that I've got displays on (on both my Basic doing SPDIF out and my Boost doing I2S and having a rotary encoder). Strange. What's the best way to try and get to the bottom of it? There is no error in the telnet session before it crashes, and the server log doesn't register an error. Is there some aspect I should set to Debug logging?

ANNOUNCE: the SqueezeAMP, next generation squeezeboxen amplifier/receiver

Quote Originally Posted by mafyou View Post
    I spoke too soon.. I'm crashing a lot now that I've got displays on (on both my Basic doing SPDIF out and my Boost doing I2S and having a rotary encoder). Strange. What's the best way to try and get to the bottom of it? There is no error in the telnet session before it crashes, and the server log doesn't register an error. Is there some aspect I should set to Debug logging?
    Describe me precisely the easiest to replicate configuration and I’ll look at that ASAP. It includes LMS version, tracks being played, sync or not, everything you can think of

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Describe me precisely the easiest to replicate configuration and I’ll look at that ASAP. It includes LMS version, tracks being played, sync or not, everything you can think of
    Latest Squeezeamp (on both): SqueezeAmp.16.704.master-cmake, mode: SqueezeAmp
    LMS: 8.2.0 - 1627811185 @ Sun Aug 1 12:16:10 CEST 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

(I think I had the same issues on a build a few days older as well)

I thought I might've been missing something around logging, but I guess not. I've rebooted my server machine to see if that helps anything (there've been no issues on non-Squeezeamp players though for what it's worth). I'm listening to the Basic now as I work. Very basic setup on this (I haven't even put a rotary encoder on it). Used the display settings from the github page, I'll paste from Telnet:

I (2819) services: Configuring I2C sda:3 scl:1 port:1 speed:600000

I (2819) esp_app_main: Initializing display
    I (2819) display: Trying to configure display with I2C,width=128,height=32,address=60,driver=SSD1306
    I (2819) SSD1306: SSD1306 driver
    I (2839) display: Display is I2C on port 60
    I (2849) gds: Adding line 1 at -3 (height:14)
    I (2849) gds: Adding line 2 at 8 (height:24)

How would I start over with the amp settings? Just clear all configs on the Hardware page?

As for "tracks being played", it's been the same whether it's my own stuff (mainly 320kbps mp3) or Spotify.

Oh and no sync with other players.

Edit 1: Crashed after about an hour. As yesterday, it goes down (not listed in LMS, can't connect via browser or Telnet), stops playing for around a minute (display keeps scrolling the track info) and then reboots and starts the last track over again.

Edit 2: More crashes after some minutes. I cleared configs for the I2C bus and display, and seems to be running solid again with the screen off.

Edit 3: I should add, I didn't use the github page's link for the 1306 screen. I bought this one.
    Last edited by mafyou; 2021-08-03 at 07:22.

Latest Squeezeamp (on both): SqueezeAmp.16.704.master-cmake, mode: SqueezeAmp
    LMS: 8.2.0 - 1627811185 @ Sun Aug 1 12:16:10 CEST 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

(I think I had the same issues on a build a few days older as well)

I thought I might've been missing something around logging, but I guess not. I've rebooted my server machine to see if that helps anything (there've been no issues on non-Squeezeamp players though for what it's worth). I'm listening to the Basic now as I work. Very basic setup on this (I haven't even put a rotary encoder on it). Used the display settings from the github page, I'll paste from Telnet:

I (2819) services: Configuring I2C sda:3 scl:1 port:1 speed:600000

I (2819) esp_app_main: Initializing display
    I (2819) display: Trying to configure display with I2C,width=128,height=32,address=60,driver=SSD1306
    I (2819) SSD1306: SSD1306 driver
    I (2839) display: Display is I2C on port 60
    I (2849) gds: Adding line 1 at -3 (height:14)
    I (2849) gds: Adding line 2 at 8 (height:24)

How would I start over with the amp settings? Just clear all configs on the Hardware page?

As for "tracks being played", it's been the same whether it's my own stuff (mainly 320kbps mp3) or Spotify.

Oh and no sync with other players.

Edit 1: Crashed after about an hour. As yesterday, it goes down (not listed in LMS, can't connect via browser or Telnet), stops playing for around a minute (display keeps scrolling the track info) and then reboots and starts the last track over again.

Edit 2: More crashes after some minutes. I cleared configs for the I2C bus and display, and seems to be running solid again with the screen off.

Edit 3: I should add, I didn't use the github page's link for the 1306 screen. I bought this one.
    I'll let one of my amps run with such a config and see
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I'll let one of my amps run with such a config and see
    This afternoon I can't seem to get it to stop crashing, display or no. Thanks anyhow. I'll probably do a fresh server install soon and see what I can figure out.

This afternoon I can't seem to get it to stop crashing, display or no. Thanks anyhow. I'll probably do a fresh server install soon and see what I can figure out.
    Noticed the new 8.2 server release today and upgraded: no change. Downgraded to 8.1.1: no change. Was about to try downgrading Squeezeamp and noticed the brand new 710 release. Now playing 90 minutes solid, longest since trouble started. What's new in the release? Thanks Philippe.

Noticed the new 8.2 server release today and upgraded: no change. Downgraded to 8.1.1: no change. Was about to try downgrading Squeezeamp and noticed the brand new 710 release. Now playing 90 minutes solid, longest since trouble started. What's new in the release? Thanks Philippe.
    That release has nothing new for SqueezeAMP. I’ve been playing on my side for 5 hours yesterday w/o interruption

That release has nothing new for SqueezeAMP. I’ve been playing on my side for 5 hours yesterday w/o interruption
    SqueezeAmp.16.710.master-cmake has nothing new for Squeezeamp? Why did it appear? I will hold off on ever re-flashing the thing unless necessary. Anyway this has been weird. I wonder if something went a bit wrong in my flash of 704. Have never encountered an error though.

SqueezeAmp.16.710.master-cmake has nothing new for Squeezeamp? Why did it appear? I will hold off on ever re-flashing the thing unless necessary. Anyway this has been weird. I wonder if something went a bit wrong in my flash of 704. Have never encountered an error though.
    It improves support for other codecs and when we build, we build for all targets
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-08-04 at 10:18.