Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

No sound from Touch

I have two SBT's. No sound out of one of them (they are synced to each other, everything appears to be fine except no sound). Volume is 100%, the two SBT's are still synced. I switched outputs to the amps (indoor zone and outdoor zone) so I diagnosed it to one of the Touch's. Any ideas on what to do next?

Swap over the SBT's power supplies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Swap over the SBT's power supplies ?
    The Touch is working. It is synced and playing, just no sound.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1959 View Post
    The Touch is working. It is synced and playing, just no sound.
    Are you sure you don't have one of the Touch players (the one with no sound) set to be the controller of the other TOUCH player (or any other squeezebox). That is, one can set a TOUCH to control another player. And if that is done, you'd see the TOUCH as on, playing a song, etc., but the TOUCH being used as a controller wouldn't output any audio to whatever it's connected to.

Somewhere in the TOUCH menu is an item called "Choose Player" (not sure where, as I moved this item to my main menu on my Touch). Make sure that when you select "Choose Player" that you've chosen the TOUCH itself and not some other player.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Are you sure you don't have one of the Touch players (the one with no sound) set to be the controller of the other TOUCH player (or any other squeezebox). That is, one can set a TOUCH to control another player. And if that is done, you'd see the TOUCH as on, playing a song, etc., but the TOUCH being used as a controller wouldn't output any audio to whatever it's connected to.

Somewhere in the TOUCH menu is an item called "Choose Player" (not sure where, as I moved this item to my main menu on my Touch). Make sure that when you select "Choose Player" that you've chosen the TOUCH itself and not some other player.
    That was the problem! Thanks so my garym...not sure how it got changed. I think I always selected picoreplayer in that setting for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1959 View Post
    That was the problem! Thanks so my garym...not sure how it got changed. I think I always selected picoreplayer in that setting for some reason.
    Excellent. Glad that worked.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify