Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member MillmoorRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    304

    Artists not showing in menus

    On LMS 7.9.1 and noticed that some artists are not showing up in menus.

    They are clearly there because they play from playlists and show up in search from the top bar - but not the advanced view!

    Name:  LMS.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  22.4 KB

    Any ideas?

    I'm sure this didn't used to happen.

  2. #2
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,356

    Artists not showing in menus

    > On LMS 7.9.1 and noticed that some artists are not showing up in menus.

    Please try again with 7.9.2. Most likely this is a contributor to some
    track, but not a main artist.
    --

    Michael

  3. #3
    Senior Member MillmoorRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    304
    Changed to 7.9.2, rescanned music files (clear and complete scan) and restarted server but still not showing all artists.

    I've checked the tags on ones that are not showing and they are the same type as ones that are.

    Dynamic/SQL Playlists (Erland's plugins) still find and play them but I cannot browse or search for the affected artists.

  4. #4
    Senior Member MillmoorRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    304
    It looks as though the artists that are not showing up are ones where the album tag is empty.

    Would one of the settings affect this behaviour?

  5. #5
    Senior Member MillmoorRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    304
    Looking at library.db for the "missing" artists:

    The artist has an id in "contributors" table
    The artist id has a corresponding id in "contributor_albums" table and this id points to "No Album" in "albums" table.
    The artist id has a corresponding id in "contributor_track" table and this id points to the correct URL in "tracks" table.

    Nothing has changed in my music files (tags) recently.

    I'm confused as it had been working for many years until I moved to 7.9.1 (now 7.9.2)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •